Caye Caulker Travel Answers

change location
ksdhood's Profile Photo

simple, thatched roof cabana?

by ksdhood Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 9:19 AM

Hi -- I'm going back to caye caulker and looking to rent a simple, rustic, thatched roof cabana on the beach -- with a bit of privacy. I've looked at everything on the web. Does anyone know of someone who rents something like this privately? Or have other suggestions? Thanks!!
Kim

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Foundryman1's Profile Photo

RE: simple, thatched roof cabana?

by Foundryman1 Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 10:21 AM

I go to Ambergris a bunch-Caulkers a nice quiet alternative.Check out a website called www.cyberrentals.com They might have something on Caulker
    I know of a house on Ambergris south of San Pedro that has some privacy.....I'll send you a link if your interested-Good luck-Chris

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • AKJ1's Profile Photo

RE: simple, thatched roof cabana?

by AKJ1 Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 10:39 AM

Hi Kim
    We were there in Feb and I don't really remember anything quite like you describe. We stayed in a nice little place on the beach last year. It was called Beachside. I think it was around65 a night. Bathroom, bedroom and one larger room.

If you look at www.AlandSueJohnson.com and look under trip reports / Belize, you an see a bunch of pictures. The place I'm talking about is on the 2005 trip. www.CayeCaulkerRentals.com is who rents it out. We were happy with it in spite of no thatched roof.

You might look at Shiley's too. I think there's a picture in our 2006 trip pictures. Small cabins with a nice sandy area out front.

• RE: RE: simple, thatched roof cabana?

by al_johnson1 Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 5:01 PM

That should be Shirley's in the previous post.

• RE: simple, thatched roof cabana?

by dolcipatti Online Now Oct 14, 2006 at 7:21 AM

Hi, if you any feed back on the cabana could ypuplease also send info to me.
    We are in 2 and would like to go in January in Caye Caulker for 3 weeks.
    We are from Italy.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ciao
    Patti

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines