Caye Caulker Travel Answers

change location

Belize in July?

by vicks222 Online Now Mar 19, 2005 at 11:43 AM

I am heading to Belize in July of 2005. I done an extensive amount of research but nothing has really been able to tell me about the weather. Any first hand experience? (I'm kinda curious about the bugs as well, I'm not afraid of them... just curious!)
I am an avid hiker and wondering if there are any hikes that must be undertaken. Also has any stayed at the Parrot Nest tree houses located outside of San Ignacio?
One more quick question how long is advisable to spend in Caye Caulker. It sounds beautiful and relaxing, I'm just wondering if it can be a little too relaxing. Thank you. (This is only my second trip outside of Canada and I'm nervous/excited/naive, any tips are helpful!!)

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • solarone's Profile Photo

RE: Belize in July?

by solarone Online Now Mar 19, 2005 at 4:35 PM

Hi, I've been to Belize in April, July, and in the fall( I can't remeber which month) It seems to be like Florida, sunny and rainy all at the same time. Its rained on me during the DRY season and been sunny during the Rainy season. I'm not a hiker but I know people that have walked all over Belize so it must be worth it. I also have not been to Caye Caulker for the very reason that you allude to.
    I am a type A person and never have enough time to do the things that I want to do, so I'm not going to spend time "relaxing". BUGS, Now that is a subject that I know very well. I stay in the jungle in southern Belize (Toledo dist.) If you are not used to being eaten by mosquitoes and other things a net to sleep under would be a good investment. If you sleep with a light on, other things (I can't remember the name because all I got was a Mayan name for it but one time I left Belize with about 45 bites on my body and they were like fly bites not mosquitoes), will eat you UP. Other than that I LOVE Belize, Have fun ALAN

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • solarone's Profile Photo

RE: Belize in July?

by solarone Online Now Mar 19, 2005 at 4:42 PM

Oh, one other thing, I'm a little baised but I suggest heading south and checking out the caves and Mayan villages in Toledo district(there are also some smaller ruins in the area that are nice and can be explored in a few hours) . If you get ready for a meal that does not have rice, beans, eggs, and tortilla in it, then you can go to Punta Gorda and eat in one of the restaurants in town. ALAN

• thanksalot

by vicks222 Online Now Mar 21, 2005 at 8:07 PM

I appreciate the prompt advice. The work you do in Belize looks very interesting. Fascinating really. Thanks again for your response especially for the heads up about he toledo district!
    V.

• RE: Belize in July?

by Corryco Online Now Mar 23, 2005 at 12:09 PM

Belize's temp stays about the same all year round 65 - 80 in the winter, 70 - 90 summer. Hurricane season is June - November although they don't really get much. Caye Cauker is nice for maybe a day or two max. There's nothing much to do there and if you spend much longer you'll end up spending lots of on the water taxi to San Pedro and back. Better to stay in San Pedro and take a day trip or over night trip to Caye Caulker. When i was in San Pedro the mosquitoes were horrible. They said it was unusual to have so many but they had just had all those hurricanes and they figured that was why. By the way those hurricanes went right past Belize with just a slightly stronger breeze than normal.
    Go to belizetourism.org it's got alot of great info. Have fun. Corry

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines