Caye Caulker Travel Answers

change location

I like to lstart a new life in Caye Caulker

by Silviuta Online Now Jun 27, 2004 at 11:34 AM

I like to start a new life in Caye Caulker , Belize with my family ( husband and daughter) .Please advise me what can I do for this ? Also I need to know the prices for rent a house for long period. Tell me please about the jobs there. My qualification is in medicinal massage and my husband is mechanical engineer. I wait impatiently your answer

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Re: I like to lstart a new life in Caye Caulker

by grandmaR Online Now Jun 27, 2004 at 12:17 PM

I suggest you go to the Belize First website and see what he has written about immigrating to Belize. I don't think there is much scope for an engineer in Caye Caulker. They don't even have paved roads and the whole island is small. A lot of the building is done by the Menonites. There are no fancy hotels or anything like that. You pay for education for your child - it isn't free. If the children want to go beyond about 8th grade, they have to go off-island.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johannt's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation and Diving in Caye Caulker

by johannt Online Now Sep 23, 2004 at 6:59 PM

Hi Silviuta, I'd like to know more about Caye Caulker. I'm a backpacker looking to spend some time scuba diving in Belize. Can you recommend a decent and affordable joint to stay that is affiliated or close by a scuba diving operator? Have you heard of Ruby's Hotel in San Pedro town? Any advice would be very much appreciated! Many thanks, Johann

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Accommodation and Diving in Caye Caulker

by grandmaR Online Now Sep 23, 2004 at 7:28 PM

We stayed at Ruby's - it isn't on Caye Caulker. There are lots of inexpensive places to stay and good scuba operators, but most of them aren't affilated with the inexpensive places. It's not like Cozumel.

• johannt's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Accommodation and Diving in Caye Caulker

by johannt Online Now Sep 25, 2004 at 2:58 PM

grandmaR, Good to know, thanks. Hope I make it down there! :) Johann

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines