Cavtat Travel Answers

change location

Fishing

by Howdihans Online Now Aug 25, 2005 at 5:53 AM

Does anyone know if there are day fishing boats available in the Cavtat/Dubrovnik area? My son will be in the area for a few days at the end of Sept. and would love to fish in the Adriatic!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Fishing

by pub_dog Online Now Sep 4, 2007 at 12:49 AM

Hi Howdihans,

Actually that sounds like a great tag for a lady cowhand in the old west. "Mornin Maam, whats your name?" "I'm Howdihans, Hi Howdihans".. "Maam, I'm sure you are...."

Anyway. Didn't specifically see fishing excursion boats advertised in Cavtat. However, there are many outlets that will hire a boat. We hired one, admittedly through our apartment landlady who has contacts, for 500 kuna for the day. Thats less than £50 for a 10am - 6pm stint. As far as I was concerned it was one of our best days because we had total freedom to go anywhere (within reason of course).

There are certain conditions of course. We were a party of four and we had an experienced pilot on board. Mind you its not that complicated to power / steer a boat and the hire group will instruct you. It was an extra 250 kuna for a pilot. We had a approx 4 metre long boat with a canopy for protection from the sun, it might not be so severe end Sept.

Depends on what you want really. Drop line or rod fishing. Of course if your doing it yourself and without local knowledge you won't know the best places to fish, where to avoid seaweed / rocks etc. I'm sure if you ask people will advise.

We saw plenty of people fishing off the shore rocks with just rod, line and cast and due to the many little rocky outcrops theres plenty of places available.

Tight lines....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines