Caticlan Travel Answers

change location
edwinic's Profile Photo

Lets Focus on Caticlan

by edwinic Online Now Aug 22, 2006 at 2:07 AM

One cannot avoid mentioning Caticlan when going to Boracay. Does Caticlan don’t have its own feature? What about its hotel facilities? Does it offer something that cannot be attained in Boracay? Can someone expand on this seemingly-forgotten but important town of Aklan.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • sirenna's Profile Photo

RE: Lets Focus on Caticlan

by sirenna Online Now Aug 24, 2006 at 3:56 AM

There's really not much there. I've been told there is a run-down little hotel there, though I haven't seen it. It's probably to accomodate tourists who are unable to take the boat to Boracay in bad weather. The beach is dirty and composed of stones. There's a market on Sundays offering goods at cheaper prices than Boracay, so this entices some of the island folk over to do their shopping. There are also a couple of electrical goods stores on the main road.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • edwinic's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Lets Focus on Caticlan

by edwinic Online Now Aug 24, 2006 at 4:32 AM

I am very much impress with the sea port. Clean, organized but I do not understand why there is a 20 php teminal fee.

As for the airport, well it is small - probably for now, enough for the inflow of tourist.

That gives me a reason to stay for a while in Caticlan on my next visit to Boracay.

by sirenna Online Now Aug 24, 2006 at 4:45 AM

P20 terminal fee - probably trying to recover some of the phenomenal cost of the glorified ticket booth they call a jetty port! Last year part of it was rumoured to be subsiding already, and despite all the money already spent on it, tourists often still have to wade through water when boarding or disembarking from the bancas.
    The idea was that various businesses would eventually open little stalls in the building, but so far most of the outlets remain empty - maybe the rent is too high.
    The toilets are useless - no paper, ever, and no water to wash either. Always come prepared. Half the time they are locked anyway so that's the end of that problem! Sigh....

• ericd001's Profile Photo

by ericd001 Online Now Aug 27, 2006 at 5:30 PM

there's nothing much to see in caticlan.

Caticlan is just a small baranggay, which is under the town of Malay.

• Re: Lets Focus on Caticlan

by angelcyi Online Now Sep 9, 2007 at 1:26 PM

I am just wondering, is there any surf in Caticlan?

Re: Lets Focus on Caticlan

by sirenna Online Now Sep 9, 2007 at 11:47 PM

Nope. And the beach is just stones, not nice sand.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines