Catania Travel Answers

change location

Catania market to Auchan La Rena and then to airport

by charmy25 Online Now Sep 9, 2009 at 10:27 AM

How much would a taxi cost from Catania street market to La Rena Auchan and then to Fontanarossa airport? And are there other transport options?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Catania market to Auchan La Rena and then to airport

by mccalpin Online Now Sep 9, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Not sure how many answers you'll get, so let me pop in...

By street market, do you mean the "La Fiera di Catania (local dialect: 'A Fera o' Luni')?". This street market appears to be at Piazza Carlo Alberto, not too far from Piazza Stesicoro (200-300 meters). I say this because the airport bus has a stop at Piazza Stesicoro, in case you want to go to or from the airport from this location. See aeroporto.catania.it/page.ph... for information on the Alibus.

Now, as for this other place, you're talking about the area near the intersection of Via San Giuseppe La Rena and Via Priolo, right? This location is very close to the airport (less than 2 kilometers) so a taxi from here to the airport or vice versa ought to be quite cheap.

Hmmmn, I've been looking at the city's public transport website (www.amt.ct.it - only in Italian, I think). It seems that bus 457 runs from the airport past Auchan to the city center. The bus line runs right through Piazza Stesicoro and there is very likely a stop there or nearby. The bus sort of circles around the city (and around the market), but there should be several stops that would not entail a long walk.

My only question is the nearest stop to Auchan. I can't open the schedules at the moment, which I hope gives the stops...maybe you can try later - see amt.ct.it/percorsi/librettof...
    But I have to assume that when you board the bus, you can ask the driver where to get off, whether near the market or at Auchan. If you don't speak Italian, it always helps to have your desired addresses written down.

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines