Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tobacco shops

Salou Feb 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Booked cye apartments where is nearest tobacco shop. Thanks

more
    • Prepaid Mobile Phone Plans in Barcelona

Barcelona Feb 10, 2015 at 6:10 AM

I will be visiting Barcelona next month for 1-2 weeks and would like to get a SIM card to use in an old cell phone (iPhone 4S). I will still have my Canadian phone with a travel plan for calls/texts home, so I would be using this phone mainly for data/internet but may also make a few local calls/texts. I'm looking for something prepaid that has high data allowances...any suggestions on companies, plans, stores to visit, etc.?

more
    • baileypowell's Profile Photo

Honeymooning in Barcelona

Barcelona Yesterday

My fiance and I just booked a two-week visit to Barcelona directly after our wedding in early August. I AM SO EXCITED. I really, really want to make it up to Rome and the Amalfi Coast while we're there as well. Would you suggest driving along the coast through France with the time that we have? If so, what would be some good places to stop/stay along the way? Or is it more worth our time to fly to Rome? I can't decide what would be best.

more
    • 2 days at barcelona

Barcelona Feb 24, 2015 at 5:05 AM

Please let me know the best places to go for my two day stay at Barcelona? Staying near to centro. I love architecture,culture .. Not much of a person who enjoys museums..Thanks in advance

more
    • nabilos's Profile Photo

Barcelona airport taxi to Calella De mar

Barcelona Mar 1, 2015 at 1:27 PM

Hi,

can any one let me know how much would cost a taxi from Barcelona airport taxi to Calella De mar

thank you

more
    • 2.5 days in barcelona Nearby getaways?

Barcelona Yesterday

I have 2 nights 3 days in barcelona. ANy nearby getaways from Barcelona that are worth and interesting to visit? More of architecture and culture. Not interested in museums. thnks

more
    • AlanDives's Profile Photo

1st-time visitor

Barcelona Feb 26, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Would appreciate any suggestions regarding a neighborhood and/or moderately-priced hotel to stay in for 3 days. I would like to stay within walking distance to the city center and interesting things to see. The Las Ramblas neighborhood might be too touristy for me, so I would welcome suggestions for interesting, hip, or funky neighborhoods. Muchas gracias!

Alan

more
    • current weather? drought? likelihood of rain in early June 2015?

Barcelona Feb 25, 2015 at 9:50 AM

what's the weather been like lately (February 2015)? is the area in a drought?

is it likely to be rainy in early June 2015?

more
    • pickpockets; street crime

Barcelona Feb 26, 2015 at 10:24 AM

When you google Barcelona and Spain more than half of what comes up is about the need to be extremely wary as you go about. How you might get surrounded on the street by children trying to rob you. How you should never have very much cash or credit cards or passport on you, never use a wallet (only a money belt), never talk to anyone who approaches you, never stop on the road for people who claim to be police. I knew there was an issue -- but this sounds absurd. Can someone give me a dose of the reality?

more
    • 2.5 days in barcelona Nearby getaways?

Barcelona Yesterday

I have 2 nights 3 days in barcelona. ANy nearby getaways from Barcelona that are worth and interesting to visit? More of architecture and culture. Not interested in museums. thnks

9 Answers 18 hours ago
    • baileypowell's Profile Photo

Honeymooning in Barcelona

Barcelona Yesterday

My fiance and I just booked a two-week visit to Barcelona directly after our wedding in early August. I AM SO EXCITED. I really, really want to make it up to Rome and the Amalfi Coast while we're there as well. Would you suggest driving along the coast through France with the time that we have? If so, what would be some good places to stop/stay along the way? Or is it more worth our time to fly to Rome? I can't decide what would be best.

4 Answers Yesterday
    • nabilos's Profile Photo

Barcelona airport taxi to Calella De mar

Barcelona Mar 1, 2015 at 1:27 PM

Hi,

can any one let me know how much would cost a taxi from Barcelona airport taxi to Calella De mar

thank you

5 Answers Mar 2, 2015 at 6:45 AM
    • AlanDives's Profile Photo

1st-time visitor

Barcelona Feb 26, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Would appreciate any suggestions regarding a neighborhood and/or moderately-priced hotel to stay in for 3 days. I would like to stay within walking distance to the city center and interesting things to see. The Las Ramblas neighborhood might be too touristy for me, so I would welcome suggestions for interesting, hip, or funky neighborhoods. Muchas gracias!

Alan

9 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 11:16 AM
    • pickpockets; street crime

Barcelona Feb 26, 2015 at 10:24 AM

When you google Barcelona and Spain more than half of what comes up is about the need to be extremely wary as you go about. How you might get surrounded on the street by children trying to rob you. How you should never have very much cash or credit cards or passport on you, never use a wallet (only a money belt), never talk to anyone who approaches you, never stop on the road for people who claim to be police. I knew there was an issue -- but this sounds absurd. Can someone give me a dose of the reality?

14 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 11:22 AM
    • current weather? drought? likelihood of rain in early June 2015?

Barcelona Feb 25, 2015 at 9:50 AM

what's the weather been like lately (February 2015)? is the area in a drought?

is it likely to be rainy in early June 2015?

9 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 3:00 AM
    • 2 days at barcelona

Barcelona Feb 24, 2015 at 5:05 AM

Please let me know the best places to go for my two day stay at Barcelona? Staying near to centro. I love architecture,culture .. Not much of a person who enjoys museums..Thanks in advance

4 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 9:23 AM
    • tobacco shops

Salou Feb 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Booked cye apartments where is nearest tobacco shop. Thanks

2 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 5:15 AM
    • Prepaid Mobile Phone Plans in Barcelona

Barcelona Feb 10, 2015 at 6:10 AM

I will be visiting Barcelona next month for 1-2 weeks and would like to get a SIM card to use in an old cell phone (iPhone 4S). I will still have my Canadian phone with a travel plan for calls/texts home, so I would be using this phone mainly for data/internet but may also make a few local calls/texts. I'm looking for something prepaid that has high data allowances...any suggestions on companies, plans, stores to visit, etc.?

2 Answers Feb 11, 2015 at 1:01 AM
    • What makes Barcelona special for a tourist to experience in his visit there?

Barcelona Feb 4, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Pl advise the top attractions in Barcelona or the special memorable places you experienced there

15 Answers Mar 2, 2015 at 6:52 AM
    • What to do in Barcelona

Barcelona Jan 23, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Hello,

My husband and I (both in our early 30s) are going to be in Barcelona mid May for 4-5 nights. What's the best are to stay in? I was looking at maybe the Gothic Quarter?
      Are there places we should take day trips to nearby that we can take the train to?
      Is 4 nights enough or do we need 5? We will be taking the train to France for the rest of the trip.

Thanks!
      Nicole

5 Answers Feb 19, 2015 at 12:40 PM
    • f1 race day

Lloret de Mar Jan 11, 2015 at 7:08 PM

how much would it cost in a taxi from llorett de mar to cattalunia stadium in barcellona on race day to f1 grand prix

1 Answer Jan 12, 2015 at 12:09 PM
    • Train from Barcelona to Madrid on September 12

Barcelona Jan 10, 2015 at 10:22 AM

We are hoping to travel from Barcelona to Madrid on Saturday September 12. I have found flights, but was wanted to check out the options by train. I am at the renfe site (I think) and can't seem to get a schedule for that day. It seems to be asking me to change dates. Does that make sense that there would be no train on a Saturday between Barcelona and Madrid? Anyone able to help? Thanks so much!

13 Answers Jan 12, 2015 at 11:34 AM
    • Nic2004's Profile Photo

Or is Carrer Perecamps, 08001 Barcelona, Spanien better for a stay?

Barcelona Jan 6, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Would appreciate your comment.

4 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Carrer Sicilia

Barcelona Jan 6, 2015 at 10:40 AM

Is this a recommandable place to discover Barcelona for about 4-5 days?

2 Answers Jan 15, 2015 at 9:04 AM

Is accommodation in Carrer Scilia recommandable?

Barcelona Jan 6, 2015 at 10:16 AM

Hi @ all, We'll stay 4-5 days in Barcelona at the end of February. Would you recommend Carrer Sicilia? Is this a good place to discover the city? Sagrada Familia doesn't seem to be too far, but I'm not yet informed about the City, to be true. Any suggestions? As always, your helpful answers will be well appreciated. Thanks in advance and a happy new year to you all. Nic

2 Answers Jan 6, 2015 at 12:14 PM
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Travel from Barcelona to Italy

Barcelona Jan 4, 2015 at 7:47 PM

The wife and I are on an organized tour of Spain which finishes in Madrid on the 25th May 2015.We then wish to travel independently to Barcelona and then along the coastline of France and Italy,finishing up in Sorrento for the Amalfi Coast.We wish to take approximately a month,stopping at various locations for 3-4 days.Any advice would be appreciated.At this stage we anticipate travelling mostly by train.

4 Answers Jan 5, 2015 at 8:53 AM
    • Beach towns near Barcelona

Barcelona Jan 4, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Hi all. This my first posting on VT. We are two retired couples traveling to Spain and Portugal next September for almosta month. We are flying into Barcelona on Sept 6 and thought it would be nice to head to one of the nice beach towns north or west of Barcelona for the first few days as we settle into the time zone! A nice sea view would be lovely, and somewhere where we can easily walk out to local restqurants . I've done some research and can't decide between somewhere like Tossa de mar in the Costa Braga or maybe around d Cambrils in Costa Dorada. Thoughts would be so appreciated. We were not planning to rent a car until later in our trip, so we will be making our way from Barcelona Into. Airport. Then we would move on to Barcelona., Madrid, etc. Before heading to Portugal.

2 Answers Jan 22, 2015 at 9:53 AM
    • Places to visit / things to do

Barcelona Jan 3, 2015 at 10:54 AM

Hi there I am looking for help myself and hubby are traveling to Barcelona on the 16th of of March for 4 nights for our 10th wedding anniversary and I need help on day trips and best places to eat and drink we have never tried tapas we had visited sidges 6 years ago but all we got to do was go on the tour bus round Barcelona so please any help gratefully received

5 Answers Jan 5, 2015 at 2:56 AM
    • Spain-where to visit

Barcelona Jan 1, 2015 at 3:47 PM

My wife and I are traveling to Barceloa in April to visit our daughter who is studying there. We have 9 nights and would like recommendations of what other cities to visit. We can fly, or take a train and enjoy culture, art, food and the beach. Thanks

6 Answers Jan 3, 2015 at 2:16 AM
    • a Camp site

Barcelona Jan 1, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Is there a Camp site close to Camp Nou football stadium ?

4 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 11:10 AM
    • Camp Site

Barcelona Jan 1, 2015 at 9:17 AM

Need a camp site close to Camp Nou - Barcelona ?

4 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 9:36 AM
    • DunaKal's Profile Photo

Hotels at sea front

Barcelona Jan 1, 2015 at 4:47 AM

Hi all,

Can you please recommend a hotel with a sea view or has a private beach in Barcelona?
      I just need names & I'll check prices at booking.com

Thank you.

6 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 11:26 AM
    • GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Gaudi Cathedral Condition

Barcelona Dec 22, 2014 at 2:42 PM

My parents when to Barcelona a couple of years ago and visited the cathedral. There was lots of scaffolding around it. Is it still like that today?

11 Answers Dec 23, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • soccer jerseys

Barcelona Dec 18, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I want to buy barcelon jerseys for my friend as christmas gift.Where can i buy?

5 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    • Transportation

Barcelona Dec 3, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Hye, my flight on 15 December will be at 6.20am and i need to be there at 5am. Is there any public transportation beside taxi that woulf take me to the airport at 4.30am?

2 Answers Dec 4, 2014 at 2:01 AM
    • Anyone familiar with or from Barcelona

Barcelona Nov 24, 2014 at 1:32 PM

This isn't a traveling question but I was hoping i could still receive advice .. I met a guy who came from barcelonia. Christmas is around the corner and I would like to get him something thoughtful .. Any ideas on what I should get that's culture related possibly something hell know I ordered from there ?

5 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 7:41 AM
    • laporte73's Profile Photo

First Trip to Barcelona

Barcelona Nov 14, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Our tour will be spending 2 nights in Barcelona starting the next few days. We are staying at the Abba Sants Hotel Numancia, 32. We would appreciate if anyone could recommend local area reasonably priced restaurants. Also, any recommended Tapas Bars in this area?

Thank you in advance for all who respond.
      Dave

1 Answer Nov 15, 2014 at 12:41 PM
    • mimiR88's Profile Photo

Safety & crowds in wintertime BCN

Barcelona Nov 12, 2014 at 4:10 AM

I will be in BCN from the 8th of December till the 12th of December with my boyfriend, and I have 2 questions: the one is about safety, the other is about the number of the tourists in BCN at this time of the year.

1. I have read tons of articles and forums about the safety in Barcelona, but I would like to be sure that I understand well the situation. The most important thing is: violent crime is very rare in BCN, am I right? I am asking this because I have booked a private room in a quite nice looking hostel (Uranie Barcelona) on carrer de Ferran 19., for an extremely low price (122 euros for 4 nights for 2 ppl is nearly unbelievable and the bookingcom reviews are all quite nices about this place), so I would be very happy to keep this booking if you say the situation is not that bad there as I am thinking right now. We would like to discover the city (mostly on foot) by the daytime, but also, definitely would like to go out in the evenings and return to the hostel around midnight or a little after that. My question is if we wear a money belt under our clothes and at night stay on the bigger roads (carrer de Ferran, via Laietana) there won't be any problem, right? In general, are there less pickpockets in the winter?

2. Are there less tourists in the winter? A few years ago I visited BCN in the middle of the summer and the crowds were enormous, we had to buy all our tickets to skip the queues. Do you think in the winter it is also necessary to buy all tickets in advance, or we can easily enter the places when we want? (We would like to visit Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, Parc Güell, Fundacion Miro, Picasso Museum)

Thank you very very much!
      Mimi
      from Budapest

10 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 8:43 AM
    • Train to santa susana

Santa Susana Oct 31, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Do you have to change from Barcelona airport to santa susana

3 Answers Oct 31, 2014 at 4:11 PM