Catalunya Travel Answers

change location
AustinK4's Profile Photo

Park Playa Bara, Calalonia

by AustinK4 Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Hi. We (2 Adults & 3 Kids) were hoping to spend 2 weeks in June in this Camping Resort.
Can anyone tell me if their entertainment programme runs in June? On their website it says high season, which opens on 20th June. We'll be gone by then.
Also, we hope to visit Port Adventura & Barcelona, while there. Is public transport an option?
Austin, from Dublin, Ireland

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • annemariebyrne's Profile Photo

Re: Park Playa Bara, Calalonia

by annemariebyrne Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Hi Austin, I don't know the Park Playa Bara ( I have stayed at Camping La Pineda, on the Salou side of Tarragona) so I couldn't comment on the entertainment there.
    As for public transport, yes, there is a great train line running along that coast - in one direction you should get to Barcelona in about an hour from Tarragona (there may be a nearer station for you) and in the other direction you can get the train to Port Aventura; there is a dedicated stop for the park outside Salou and then it's a short walk up to the park entrance.
    By the way, Tarragona itself is well worth a visit - nice beach, extensive Roman ruins (UNESCO Heritage site), cathedral and atmospheric old quarter, nice Ramblas to stroll and great shopping and plenty of restaurants all in a compact location!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Catalunya Travel Answer Locations