Castro Marim Travel Answers

change location
vibi68's Profile Photo

Truly dissapointed...

by vibi68 Online Now Jul 17, 2005 at 10:09 AM

We had precisely planned our traveling through the Algarve and Andalucia, in order to attend the Dias Medievais in Castro Marim (especially the closing banquet). For over two months, the official "Camara Municipal" website (cm-castromarim.pt/index_.htm..., has been advertising them and still does, as being held on September 1,2,3 & 4, 2005. All of the sudden, with the launch of a new "Camara Municipal" website (cm-castromarim.pt/site/modul..., new dates have shown up!!! August 25,26,27 & 28, 2005... Which means we will not be able to attend them at all. We are really dissapointed, truly perplex before this misinformation. Can someone confirm the real Dias Medievais dates?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • xicomelo's Profile Photo

RE: Truly dissapointed...

by xicomelo Online Now Jul 18, 2005 at 6:58 AM

That's really bad :-( Last summer it happened the same to me. But I didn't planned my holidays because of that. I was in Tavira, a small town near Castro Marim, and I read somewhere that the festival was happening at that time. When I arrived there it has ended a few days earlier... Again the dates changed.

But, festivals like these are happening all over Portugal during all the year. So, maybe you'll find another one in those days you're planning to visit Portugal.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mcb's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Truly dissapointed...

by mcb Online Now Jul 19, 2005 at 2:06 PM

I just e-mail the Camara for a confirmation i'll get back with their anwser.

• vibi68's Profile Photo

by vibi68 Online Now Jul 19, 2005 at 5:40 PM

Thanks a lot MCB...
    I did that 3 times already without success; hopefuly, you'll be luckier than I.
    Let me know what you can find out.
    Thanks again
    Valérie

• mcb's Profile Photo

by mcb Online Now Jul 20, 2005 at 7:20 AM

I'm sorry to let you know that i just phone Camara and they confirm the dates 25th to 28 August.

She said it used to be in September but this year they changed.
    She could not answer about that page with September dates.

• vibi68's Profile Photo

by vibi68 Online Now Jul 20, 2005 at 8:39 AM

Thank you MCB...
    I've gotten over the fact we won't be able to attends the closing banquet, as I had a bad feeling they were truly from the 25th to 28th. We were in Cadiz, going to drive to Castro Marim at that period (Sept 4th)... so instead we will stay around Jerez, for the opening of the Fiesta de Otono.
    Thank you very much again.

• mcb's Profile Photo

by mcb Online Now Jul 20, 2005 at 2:39 PM

have a nice travel, but Castro Marim and Tavira worse a visit even with no party!!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Castro Marim