Castries Travel Answers

change location

which airport?

by travelbees Online Now Jan 14, 2004 at 8:30 AM

I'd like to go to LeSPORT resort. When booking my plabe ticket, what airport is closest? What the airport code? thanks Ada

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: which airport?

by bwtc1 Online Now Feb 2, 2004 at 12:04 PM

There is a very small airport in Castries, but it is quite limited to certain airlines departure and arrivals. Hewanorra is the larger airport, however, it is considerably farer from the property you are staying at. Since the road system and transportation systems are quite a long ride (about 1 1/2 hours from there) you may want to hire the St. Lucia Helicopter Service for your transport. go to www.stlluciahelicopter.com it is somewhat pricey ($100 pp) but consider it also in the form of an excursion (as you will likely have an unparelled view from the copter) and the price is a bit easier to justify. They will pick you up at Hewanorra airport and land at the small airport in Castries and then provide a cab to your resort, which would be a much lesser time consuming ride. Hope that helps!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bonobio's Profile Photo

Re: which airport?

by bonobio Online Now Feb 10, 2004 at 5:35 AM

I was told that the fare from George Charles airport (SLU) is20. The further airport (UVF) is about80. I agree that the helicopter may make sense, but then again, so may finding someone to share the cab with if you'd rather save some money. We're looking to go there later this year. If you call their 1-800 reservation number, they are very helpful in giving this info to you!

• scottolee's Profile Photo

Re: which airport?

by scottolee Online Now Jan 5, 2005 at 9:22 AM

SLU is the code for the airport in Castries.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Castries