Castlebar Travel Answers

change location
AR76's Profile Photo

B&B in Castlebar?

by AR76 Online Now May 26, 2004 at 1:25 PM

Hi all, I will be in Castlebar during the annual 4-days-walks (1-4 July) and am wondering if anyone can recommend some good B&Bs that are centrally located... Thx in advance, Aryatti

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • miwhi's Profile Photo

Re: B&B in Castlebar?

by miwhi Online Now Jun 26, 2004 at 4:05 PM

Hi, I hope I'm not too late for you. We stayed in Castlebar for two days in May. We stayed at a B7B called Devard it's on Westport Road, they're phone number is 094-23462, email: devard@eastclear.ie, they're Web Site is: http://www.esatclear.ie/~devard/ Devard is owned by Nora Ward who is sort of a 2nd Cousin to my Wife, if you call her tell her you were recommended by Catherine and Michael White of Edison New Jersey USA. Hpoe you enjoy your trip, Michael

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • AR76's Profile Photo

Re: Re: B&B in Castlebar?

by AR76 Online Now Jul 1, 2004 at 7:44 AM

Hi Michael, Thanks for your reply - I just read your message: 'too late' as I am in an internet cafe in Castlebar as we speak - but... I surfed around on the internet in the meantime and... we have actually booked a room at Devard B&B! I will definitely tell Nora tonite that I got a message from her second cousin's husband... What a coincidence! Best regards, Aryatti

• miwhi's Profile Photo

Re: Re: B&B in Castlebar?

by miwhi Online Now Jul 2, 2004 at 10:55 PM

Aryatti, That's great news, I hope you enjoy your stay in Castlebar; it's a great starting point for visiting sites in Mayo. The only problem we had was that Americans eat they're main meal in the evening and most places in Castlebar closed by 17:30 we usually don't eat till around 19:00, but I must admit we had an excellent meal in a Chinese Restaurant there, and had a laugh that the meals came with a choice of Rice or Chips. Take Care, Michael

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines