Castlebar Travel Answers

change location

Living in Castlebar!

by yanstar Online Now Dec 10, 2002 at 3:43 AM

Hello ! Im going to work for a time of four month (April to August) in the Mayo General Hospital in Castlebar ! Now im looking for a suitable room/ flat/ appartment for two persons ! It should be payable as I don´t get money for my work (elective)! Does anyone has an idea who is to ask or what to do? Thank you ! Jan

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Krumel's Profile Photo

Re: Living in Castlebar!

by Krumel Online Now Dec 10, 2002 at 3:50 AM

You could try www.daft.ie, or maybe you can even get someone at the hospital to put up a note for you on their notice board. I don't know about accommodation prices in Mayo, but I think it's safe to say that it won't be cheap anywhere in Ireland. Usually people share appartments or houses, and maybe you should consider that option. Good luck, Birgit

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • orlikins's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Living in Castlebar!

by orlikins Online Now Dec 10, 2002 at 7:14 AM

Rent should be dirt cheap in Castlebar, you should _definitely_ be able to get a room for under €50 / week. the most likely option is sharing a house in Castlebar and share the bills with the housemates. Try www.castlebar.ie or check the local papers when you get here. (am surprised u dont get paid for working, is that legal?) Orla

• Re: Re: Living in Castlebar!

by yanstar Online Now Dec 11, 2002 at 7:41 AM

Thank you for your advice ! I ´m afraid it is legal that i don´t get paid (actually it has to be unpaid :( (silly study law)! I´m doing something like an internship (Elective)...i don´t know the exact translation! Anyway im looking very much foreward to my time in ireland!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines