Castle Douglas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Buildings and their uses?

Applecross Sep 27, 2015 at 1:24 PM

In 1969 I spent a few weeks in a large house with 30 kids from Glasgow schools, there was a boat house close by with canoes, and we walked for days and stayed in bothys! I was 14 and all I know was it was in Applecross. Does anyone know where or what house was used for this council run outward bound course?

• hirengoradia's Profile Photo

7-8 Day Itinerary

Scotland Sep 23, 2015 at 12:11 AM

We are a family of 5 including 2 senior citizens (my parents) and a 12 year old child. We plan to rent a car and tour Scotland. We prefer to set up base at 2 locations and travel around from these. Kindly suggest some itineraries for our tour

• sophie_07's Profile Photo

Edinburgh for a solo female traveller on a £30 per day budget, any tips? (Dec 17-19)

Edinburgh Sep 14, 2015 at 11:44 PM

I am thinking of spending a few days just to experience Edinburgh for a bit and see/do some useful things. On a budget, obviously. Not planning on doing a lot of outdoor sightseeing or shopping. Perhaps would be nice to experience some real proper Scotch whiskey. :) :) :) How cold will it be during those times, any tips on winter wear? Also, is it safe for a female 30yo? Dates: Dec 17 - 19 Accomodation preference: hostel/community accomodation (anything lively and with other travellers, I like meeting people) laugh