Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• place to stay, lake garda, italy

Italy 1 hours ago

we will also be going to lake garda for 4 days, to see around this area.just wanting help, where would be the best place, to stay, to see around this area. we will have a car for this part of our trip. thanks di

• No Question Title

Sorrento Nov 2, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Is it possible to walk from Priora to Sorrento ? And if so how long of a walk would it be ?

• Quiet Vacation

Orbetello Nov 1, 2015 at 8:11 AM

Looking for a quiet vacation at end of May, is Orbetello a good idea

• Patikowski restaurant

Florence Nov 18, 2015 at 2:25 PM

My son and I were in Florence in 2007. I am sure we ate in a restaurant called Patikowsky. I cannot find an information about the restaurant. Is it closed, or am I spelling it wrong? Thank you, Craig

• Restaurant

Pisa Nov 3, 2015 at 2:15 PM

How can I send a pictures of the inside of a restaurant where we had lunch while in Pisa and see if someone can give me the name?

• Travel from Rome to Brindisi

Brindisi Nov 24, 2015 at 9:24 PM

We are taking the train from Rome to Brindisi and want to stop at a couple for towns for overnight. Which towns do you suggest?

• Mileage from Venice to asti

Asti Nov 18, 2015 at 9:01 AM

What is the best way to, bus or train? How far in miles is it?

• Hotel identification

Riva del Garda Nov 16, 2015 at 5:07 AM

Visited Riva over thirty years ago. Stayed in a beautiful hotel which used to be the summer house of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand but can't remember the name. Can anyone help, please? Thank you.

• City Bus Route

La Spezia Nov 11, 2015 at 5:06 AM

Would any body pl provide me with the city bus route of La Spezia? Thnx.

• Transport from Praiano to Rome

Praiano Nov 17, 2015 at 1:03 PM

Need advice on how to get from Praiano to Rome airport(FCO). We will be traveling on a Saturday in July and have to catch a flight in Rome at 12:50pm. Help please!!

• transportation from Portonovo Bay

Ancona Nov 9, 2015 at 9:47 AM

I'm interested how is organized transportation from Portonovo Bay, the Excelsior La Fonte Hotel to the center of Ancona and back.
      I will stay in this hotel at 12 and 13 november, and I would like to visit Ancona tourist attractions in time 7.00-12.00h on November 12th.

• Florence to Siena

Italy Nov 7, 2015 at 12:00 PM

what are my options for going to Siena from Florence for a day trip?
      I read that bus will leave you in the center of Siena but not the train?
      where can i find info on the bus? location, cost, etc...

• 6 days in Italy between Christmas & New Years

Italy 17 hours ago

I am a Canadian Mom travelling to Europe with my 3 sons (age 15 to 22) over the holidays. We have open Dec 27 to Jan 2 that we were hoping to spend in Italy. Having never been there & knowing we will only get a glimpse of Italy in that short time frame, we are trying to decide where to go. We planned to avoid Rome, Milan & Vatican City to avoid crowds and sadly terrorism (though we know that can happen anywhere). We were thinking possibly Naples or Florence. I also realize being off season some things may be closed or close early. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• Christmas Markets in Rome

Italy Nov 22, 2015 at 11:33 AM

I will be in Rome this week.
      are there any christmas markets I can visit there?

• SITA bus schedule from Sorrento

Italy Nov 2, 2015 at 4:01 PM

Hi. I am looking for the SITA bus schedule for Sorrento->Amalfi (Positano also)
      I tried this link ENG -> Amalfi Sorrento but it just leads back to a previous page. so I wind up in a loop

also, tried this link but cannot find it in there either.

Where can i download the schedule?

• Most scenic car route from Florence to Sestri Levante

Sestri Levante Nov 1, 2015 at 9:27 AM

Hello seasoned Italian travelers. I will have a rental car and plan to travel from Florence to Sestri Levante in March. Any suggestions on the most scenic route? The views are a bigger factor than the time, and suggestions for stops along the way are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• wardy51's Profile Photo

Bergamo to Bellagio then to Garda

Bergamo Nov 23, 2015 at 2:00 AM

Hi planning to fly into Bergamo and spend a couple of nights there. Then off to a wedding in Bellagio for a few days then off to Garda for a couple of days then back to Bergamo for the flight home.
      What train / bus links would be the best to take. Approx costs and travel times?
      Thanks in anticipation.

• Looking for a jewellery shop

Padova Nov 20, 2015 at 4:29 PM

Hi I was recently in padova centre and there was an amazing jewellery shop selling dainty gold and silver hand made jewellery right next to the imaginarium the children's toy shop iv tried looking on google street view but it doesn't show the shop does anybody know the name of the jewel run shop that's there now ?

• abs87's Profile Photo

Ferry train to Messina

Italy 6 hours ago

hello all,

I was just wondering which train is the one that boards to ferry to Messina. We will be travelling down from Naples to Messina in one go and don't want to get stuck on the mainland!
      Any advice is welcome :)

Cheers Abbie

• Civitavecchia train to Rome ?

Rome Nov 1, 2015 at 12:49 PM

We're getting off a cruise ship in Civitavecchia and are interested in going to Rome by train.
      Any advice ? Where would be the best place to get off the train once it arrives in Rome ?

• Tuscany for 3 nights

Florence Nov 2, 2015 at 7:54 AM

we will only have 3 nights in Tuscany. My husband really wants to stay in Florence, and I on the other hand want to experience the Chianti region (Castellina). I think I will give him overnighting in Florence because he seems very excited about that. I need suggestions:
      We will arrive in Florence by train (coming from Venice) and can drop luggage at hotel and get started on sightseeing asap. I definitely want to visit Siena and would love to spend the last day touring some of the smaller villages in Chianti by car. We can rent a car for the day to tour Chianti and then drop off that night if possible. I don't mind hiring guides or purchasing tickets in advance for the more popular sites, so we can hopefully skip some of the long lines. I know this is a lot, but I don't want to give in for driving through those amazing villages in Chianti. I appreciate any advice.

• Purchasing advanced museum tickets

Italy Oct 30, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Trip to Italy in late December and early January, and trying to determine if I should buy a few of the more popular museum tickets online. If so, can anyone recommend a reputable site that doesn't have really inflated fees? Or even the sites to the museums? I am having a difficult time telling what sites are legit.

Venice - Doge's Palace "Secret Itineraries" Tour
      Florence - Uffizi and Academia "David"
      Rome - Vatican, Borghese, and the Colosseum.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

• sledding in the begenning of december

Vipiteno Nov 10, 2015 at 1:16 AM

is vipiteno a good location for sledding at the beginning of December?

• hotel delle rose mestre

Mestre Nov 3, 2015 at 10:50 AM

how I go from treviso aerport to hoteldelle rose mestre

• rome subway

Italy Nov 25, 2015 at 10:44 AM

the tickets you buy are valid for 60 minutes.
      does that mean you can leave the station and return using the same ticket within 60 mins?