Castellina in Chianti Travel Answers

change location
LauraEllen's Profile Photo

Bicycle tours?

by LauraEllen Online Now Aug 28, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I am looking for a bicycle tour, just a day-tour, departing from Castellina in Chianti. We would rather not have to go to Florence to join a tour. Are there any tour operators in any of the towns close to Castellina in Chianti? Thanks for any advice or help!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • rosata's Profile Photo

Re: Bicycle tours?

by rosata Online Now Aug 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I have found this online:

discoverychianti.com/excursi...

and this one

ibiketuscany.com/tours/brows...

I have no personal experience but the websites look interesting and read well.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pilli75's Profile Photo

Re: Bicycle tours?

by pilli75 Online Now Aug 28, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Rather than Castelina I suggest Greve in Chianti. Here you can find this shop Ramuzzi ramuzzi.com/cycling-tours-gr... where you can hire a bike and even organize same day tour around greve in chianti. All places around greve are amazing and rich of wine cellar. you can go around them by yourself and stopo where you like. If you reach castellina and want to taste a real chianti wine you should stop to Rocca delle Macie which is a little bit the center of castellina but in a real nice place. You can go by bike in castellina and in radda from Greve. Let me know if you need more information. Another nice storic itinerary called "L'eroica" which is even a competion on 7th of october this year starts from Gaiole eroicafan.it/index.php?optio...
    Unfortunatly the web site is just in italian but i can help to translate if you see something interesting. The link I posted show some storic itineraries along this famous route and maybe you should done this.

If you will in Gaiole on 7th of october there will be a big historical even that i suggest.

ciao

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Castellina in Chianti