Castelfranco Veneto

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Venice and day trips

Venice Dec 2, 2014 at 3:30 AM

I'm going to Venice for my birthday in february (2 days after the carnival ends). This is going to be my second time in Venice. I booked the same hotel there.

As I love the city, this time I want to explore also more of the Veneto places. I have only 3.5 days. I'm not that into museums or churches, I like to explore beautiful cities with nice views and good atmosphere. Where do you recommend me to go?

I thought for the first day to take a train to Verona. The second day train to Cittadella, Vicenza and Bassano del grappa (is it doable all 3 in the same day??) the third day to Padova and more of venice and the forth day again Venice. Is that a good plan? Should I go to other places instead? I wish I could go to the dolmitie mountains or lake garda but it's too far and not the season (not into doing ski) so maybe next time...

Also, in Venice I really liked the 3 islands, especially burano so I'll go there again, but I've never been to Lido. Should I go just to see it or not because it's off the season?? do you have any other suggestions for places to go for someone who was in Venice? I did the Doge's palace tour, I went into the tower to see the view and the basilica, even a bit at the local island (Juduca I think is the name?)

Thanks for any help! :)

more
    • Will all shops in Venice be closed on 25 & 26th Dec?

Venice Nov 26, 2014 at 7:15 AM

Hi, I want to go to Venice during Xmas. However, I wonder whether all shops in Venice will be closed on 25 & 26th Dec?

more
    • How about traveling to Venice for the Carnival 2015 with two kids (2 & 4)

Venice Dec 1, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Hello there!

I'm wondering if it is wise to visit Venice during the next Carnival for 2015 with two little kids (ages 2 & 4).
      I'm looking apartments with Airbnb. Is out there a better solution? I imagine hotels are very expensive in those days.

Do you have a good web to learn everything important related to the Carnival in Venice?

Thanks a lot!

Jose

more
    • o_henna's Profile Photo

Winter carnival

Venice Dec 17, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Please guide me all about the carnival. We are a young couple visiting venice specially to be a part of the carnival. Which will be a good place to stay? Where to rent the costumes and the balls to attend. We are on a budget, but yet would like to participate in all.
      Thankyou

more
    • Castelfranco as a base?

by mauibec Online Now Sep 17, 2014 at 11:07 AM

I am thinking of spending 10 days in the Veneto region with a friend of mine.
      We are considering two options:
      !. renting a car for the 10 days, staying in hotels 1-2 nights at each place, and making a big loop from Venice to Lake Garda.
      2. Basing ourselves in an apartment in Castelfranco Veneto, using trains, buses, and rental car for touring.
      Is Castelfranco Veneto too small to use as a base?
      Thanks for any help!
      Rebecca

6 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 1:21 AM
    • Trento family

by esteban_trento Online Now Jul 24, 2003 at 1:04 PM

Hi! I am Esteban Trento from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I'm researching my family history. My great grandfather, Emilio Maria Trento, was born in Castelfranco Veneto in 1867. I would like to receive any possible help.