Be the First to Answer

• SUZUKIMAD's Profile Photo

Dive site in Sorrento

Sorrento Apr 13, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Any one used the dive centre at Marina Picolla Sorrento

more
    • Day trips from Agropoli

Agropoli Apr 6, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Are there day trips from Agropoli to Salerno, Naples or Herculeneum or do we take a bus or train on our own?

more
    • tifftr's Profile Photo

Bus to Mt. Vesuvius?

Pompeii Yesterday

Can I take a bus to Mt. Vesuvius from Pompeii?

more
    • Campania Arte Card

Naples Apr 4, 2014 at 3:57 AM

How does this card work? We are spending 5 days in Naples and 5 days in Sorrento. We plan to travel by public transport and do the usual sights and some walking. My husband is over 65 and gets some monuments free. Will it be worth it for us

more
    • My first trip to Italy but not sure what is better -cash, credit card, debit card or traveler check

Salerno 2 hours ago

Any recommendation on what is better to bring to Italy. I'm not sure if is better to bring plenty of euro or travelers check. I will like to know what is safer to deal with to pay for goods, transportation and accommodation. Some body told me that American Express have a prepaid debit card. I will be based on Salerno for the first leg of my trip then Rome. Can I use my ATM debit card to get euros? I also read that in some hotels and B&B does not accept credit cards.

more
    • Pompeii travel

Pompeii Mar 26, 2014 at 3:33 AM

is a day trip to pompeii possible from rome? we will be travelling with our 10 year old brother
      thanks

more
    • Boat from Salerno to Sorrento in August

Sorrento Mar 22, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Is there boat/ferry service from Salerno to Sorrento during the summer? If so, how difficult is it to get to the departure dock from the train station in Salerno? We are traveling from the South of Italy to Sorrento, by train and would like to avoid Naples if possible.

more
    • aussolo's Profile Photo

blue grotto

Capri Mar 22, 2014 at 11:20 PM

What is the best local tour

more
    • AbhinavA's Profile Photo

Pompeii and Naples day trip from Rome, is my Plan possible

Pompeii Apr 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Hi guys

I am planning a day trip from Rome to Pompeii and Naples National Archaeological Museum. I know it will be a stretched day, but we are 2 young guys(23 yrs) and we think we may be able to pull it off. Please review the following plan and help me understand if I may be missing any caveats.

- Take Frecciarossa at 7-35AM from Roma Termini. Reach Naples at 8-45AM.
      - Take the other train to Pompeii Scavi. I believe we would be able to enter the site by 9-45AM? Am I right?
      - Explore Pompeii for about 4-5 hours and leave the site around 2-45 to 3 pm. Is this time too much or too less or appropriate?
      - Take the train back to Naples, Then Take the Metro to the National Museum. Expect to enter the museum around 4-15.
      - Enjoy the museum for a couple of hours (Only stuff related to Pompeii), Leave the Museum before 6-30 PM
      - Reach Da Michele's Pizza from the museum and have a great Napoli Pizza. I hope the waiting should not be much if I reach before 7pm. If the waiting is too much then I could go to Pizzeria Trianon across the street from Da Michelle.
      - After the Pizza feast head back to Napoli centrale and take the Intercity Train to Rome at 8-30pm.

Please give me your thoughts about this and also feel free to shout it out loud if you think this is crazy. :-) :-)

Abhinav

more
    • What to wear in Sorrento in April

Sorrento Apr 1, 2014 at 2:54 AM

My husband and I are visting Sorrento for Easter. Wondering what to bring to wear. Should I bring Jeans and Sweatshirts or cotton trousers and t-shirts?

more
    • public transport from praiano to naples

Praiano Mar 28, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Begin of April, a friend and me would like to walk along el sentiero deli dei. We'll stay in Naples, so we'd like to know which is the best way to go back to Naples from Praiano at the end of the day. We haven't found any bus or boat schedule.
      Thanks for you help!

more
    • t_cinanni's Profile Photo

Can Hotel increase room rate on an on-line confirmed booking.

Sorrento Apr 2, 2014 at 9:59 PM

I booked on-line for Sorrento hotel 3 nights early May 2014 for mid-week stay. It was booked in November 2013 not a booking agency but the hotel's website. There room rate offer was 79 euro per night. I have now received by email a notification that my credit card has expired (it hasn't) and that the rate is now 89 euro per night. Can they do this?

more
    • Any recommendation about B&B's in Salerno, Naples or Roma

Salerno Apr 10, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I'm planning to be in Roma/Naples and Salerno during the first week of May 2014 vacationing. I'm on a small budget and will like to know if anyone had any experience with the concept of Bed & Breakfast in Italy. Any recommendation will be great. The plan is to spend most of the time in Salerno but will try to venture into the surrounding areas like Pompeii and Amalfi.

more
    • Travel from Rome to Positano

Positano Apr 4, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Is there a ferry from Rome to Positano?

more