Cascais

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Inexpensive month rentals in this area

by montanamber Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 2:37 AM

My husband and I want to spend the month of march 2015 in any area west of Lisbon or setubal. Our needs are simple one bedroom with kitchen, we explore a lot so easy access to park car. We currently spend four months in Vilamoura and should you need info feel free to contact us.

more
    • Inexpensive month rentals in this area

by montanamber Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 2:37 AM

My husband and I want to spend the month of march 2015 in any area west of Lisbon or setubal. Our needs are simple one bedroom with kitchen, we explore a lot so easy access to park car. We currently spend four months in Vilamoura and should you need info feel free to contact us.

1 Answer Mar 25, 2014 at 7:34 AM
    • Getting from Cascais to Hard Rock Cafe in Lisbon by public transport.

by debconstance Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Is there a good way to get from Cascais to Hard Rock Cafe in Lisbon by train/ bus?

6 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 1:24 PM
    • Safety and family

by Des201 Online Now Jan 15, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Is cascais a safe place for a young family? Are schools good?

2 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 11:42 PM
    • Solar Dom Carlos

by kloedy Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Is the Solar Dom Carlos hotel still open. None of the booking sites show any vacancy no matter what date I puut in and the hotel is not answering emails?

6 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM
    • Bus service?

by kelsanggamo Online Now Oct 19, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Is there a bus from estoril to the hippodrome in Cascais?

4 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 5:15 AM
    • Hippodrome in cascais

by kelsanggamo Online Now Oct 18, 2013 at 8:30 AM

How far is the hippodrome from the train station in Cascais?

2 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    • Restaurante Patria Lusa

by alanvalerie Online Now Oct 16, 2013 at 8:52 AM

We would like to visit this restaurante in November 2014. When are the Fado evenings? Weekdays or weekends? Is it necessary to book? How expensive is it?

• What's new in Cascais

by alanvalerie Online Now Oct 15, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I last visited Cascais in 1960, what has changed in the last 53 years? and what has stayed the same?

6 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 7:46 AM
    • Weather in Cascais in October

by marykadampatraveler Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 7:15 PM

What can we expect for weather when we visit during the last week in October? Is it typically rainy at that time of year? Cool or warm?

4 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 11:28 AM
    • Cascais to Sintra - options

by harte Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 6:12 AM

What are the travel options for getting to Sintra from Cascais...travelling party has 4 adults and 2 children under 4

6 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    • Swimming pools

by libmad3 Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 6:34 AM

I am looking for a public swimming pool to use in Cascais area or near , Monte Estoril, Estoril, preforably Cascais.
      I am pregnant and need to keep myself fit! they say swimming is the best.
      If anyone know of any public pools, or even gym swimming classes that specilise in pregnancy would be majorly helpful!!!

1 Answer Jun 27, 2013 at 10:50 AM
    • Purchasing a pedestal fan

by bcoimbra Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Where can I go to buy a pedestal fan to use during my stay in Cascais?

1 Answer Jun 15, 2013 at 7:56 AM
    • September in Cascais

by anadjilas Online Now Apr 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Hello, I would like to go to Portugal in September 1-15. I am planning to stay in Lisboa or Cascais. I was wondering what is the weather like in Cascais during the first two weeks in September? Is it warm enough for swimming and sunbathing?

11 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 5:58 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Casa da Guia.

by Maurizioago Online Now Oct 22, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Is there a bus to Casa da Guia from the town center?

8 Answers Oct 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM
    • BICAS- easter moday

by nl48226 Online Now Apr 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Does anybody know if the free bikes are available tomorrow (09.04.2012) at cascais? If so, which hours? Or what would be the telephone number to call and ask about that? Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Apr 8, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    • IanLee's Profile Photo

Passport Photo Booth

by IanLee Online Now Apr 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I am looking for a Photo booth or Photo machine in the Cascais area where I can have my photo taken for a passport. Can anyone help ?

1 Answer Apr 8, 2012 at 3:00 PM
    • Family vacation in June

by trouty13 Online Now Jan 14, 2012 at 11:11 AM

My family would like to vacation in June. 2 adults & 15yr old son; we were looking for sightseeing and beach and this seems like a good choice. Should we stay in Lisbon and take the train or the opposite? What can we expect to pay for food tours ect? Are the beaches suitable for boogie boarding? We can travel any time June, July or August; is one month better than the other. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

7 Answers Feb 23, 2012 at 2:36 PM
    • Cascais hotel suggestion?

by x07afb Online Now Jul 5, 2011 at 2:33 PM

My wife and I are planning a trip to Cascais for a couple of days as part of a trip to Portugal in September. I am trying to book a hotel in the area that will meet all of our needs. Particularly, could anyone recommend a hotel that is firmly situated close to the beach, but is also walking distance from a nice selection of restaurants? One hotel that I was looking at which looks quite nice is Hotel Cascais Miragem. The reviews are quite favourable, and I was just wondering if anyone in this group had any experiences there?

Also, would it be possible to use Cascais as a base for Lisbon? If we enjoy the feel of Cascais, I’m thinking it might be nice to come back there in the evenings if we decide to make one or two daytrips to Lisbon. I’m just wondering if anyone else has tried this plan? Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Jul 6, 2011 at 2:25 AM
    • would you recommend

by hrafael Online Now Jan 29, 2011 at 9:07 AM

i have 3 children 22, 18 and 16: Would be firat time in Cascai.Is there enough night life to keep the two older ones happy? If they´re happy so will I be!

4 Answers Jan 31, 2011 at 9:02 AM
    • Lisbon Airport to Cascais

by iggyracer Online Now Oct 12, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Can anyone help me with bus or train connections and times to get from Lisbon airport to Cascais. I like to have my route bur/train numbers and times all written down before i travel. Would be great if anyone knows these please, so i know what to look for and where to go when i arrive later this month!

Thank you
      iggy

2 Answers Oct 12, 2010 at 7:36 AM
    • Life in Cascais for a Japanese-American Family

by buckrodgers Online Now Sep 17, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I was curious what life in Cascais might be like for a Japanese-American family (elderly mother, young grandson)?

Are the people in this area quite tolerant, without any 'fringe groups' who may be condescending/hostile towards those of a different ethnic group? I've learned that while the majority of people are usually open-minded, it only takes a small group (e.g. xenophobes/skinheads) to ruin it.

I've read that there are many tourists and a large ex-pat population here, so it sounds like a fairly relaxed, cosmopolitan area, but any thoughts/personal observations would be appreciated.

I'd also appreciate any general observations on what life in Cascais is like for retirees.

Thank you.

9 Answers Sep 18, 2010 at 1:45 PM
    • Lisbon airport to Cascais

by hellyc Online Now Apr 19, 2010 at 2:29 AM

Hi-I am going to Cascais for just a few days next month, flying in to Lisbon.
      As time is short was hoping there was a direct airport bus but some forums say this is not running? Would it be best to pre book a transfer or get a taxi at the airport and about how much should I expect to pay?
      many thanks.

3 Answers Apr 19, 2010 at 5:14 AM
    • Cascais to porto

by beccawyer Online Now Jan 23, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Is it easy to get a train from cascais to porto?

2 Answers Jan 23, 2010 at 2:32 AM
    • Apartment August 2010

by esteban2010 Online Now Nov 1, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I'm looking for an apartment within walking distance of the town centre in Cascais that sleeps four with access to a pool.
      I'm looking at £1000 / Euros 1100 for 2weeks - is this possible?
      Any help or recomendations welcome

3 Answers Nov 11, 2009 at 6:46 AM
    • recommend cheap accomodation

by stamiri Online Now Jun 7, 2009 at 8:04 AM

travelling with friends to Portugal/Cascais in July and looking for cheaper accomodation, hostel or something similar for few days...any idea or recommendation for concrete hotel/hostel, maybe from your own experience??
      thanks lot for help in advance

7 Answers Jun 20, 2009 at 11:27 PM
    • matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Safe place to park a car

by matcrazy1 Online Now May 14, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Where to park a car for 4 days/nights in Cascais? Are there any safe underground parkings in the area? How much is it? Well, the parking may be locked/closed at night - I am not going to use my car during my stay in Cascais.

Next Wednesday my wife Urszula (matcrazy0) and I start fantastic trip (I can't wait :-) from Poland to Euromeet in Cascais. Surely, as always, we will travel by car. We are going to visit northern Spain and Portugal on the way there and back (+ maybe Bordeaux, Biarritz and generally Burgundy in France). It's 3400 km one way! Unfortunatelly our centrally located hotel in Cascais (Pergola House) doesn't guarantee any parking place. Hmm... two weeks ago I parked my car overnight in northern France on a public paid parking and I (and 7 other cars) had flat tires in the morning. That's why I ask (being warned of car burglaries as well) and I worry about it.

Greetings and hugs,
      Matt.

3 Answers May 15, 2009 at 1:05 AM
    • marielexoteria's Profile Photo

Questions about practical things for the Euromeet

by marielexoteria Online Now May 8, 2009 at 11:10 PM

The Euromeet is approaching and I can only say "woohoo!" - at the same time it's a little scary for me, as a newbie not knowing what to expect. And this is the first solo trip I'm doing where I'm not staying at somebody's place...so I have some (dumb) questions:

- I read the Euromeet page regularly. I assume the CP tickets aren't valid on Carris buses or trams and to use those we have to buy bus/tram tickets, right? Or is there a card/ticket valid on both?

- Are there fountains with drinkable water like in Rome, or where could I refill a bottle if I bring one with me?

- Not exactly related to Cascais, but when I arrive at Cais do Sodré, how do I go to the Hard Rock Café Lisbon (Avenida da Liberdade, 2)? I collect t-shirts and would like to buy them on my private time (I don't wanna carry more stuff than I have to on the Lisbon tour :P)

TIA guys

9 Answers May 10, 2009 at 12:35 AM
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Train routing Porto - Cascais

by nomad7890 Online Now Apr 6, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I was on the train site looking for how to get from Porto to Cascais. Could someone please "translate". This is one of the better connections (less transfers) - there are four transfers, two in Alcantara alone. (see below).

- Is this correct?
      - Are those places where the train is tranferring *safe* for a woman alone?
      - Is the scenery from Porto worth taking the train, or should I just fly to Lisbon and catch something into Cascais?

9h47 Porto - Campanha
      12h22 Oriente
      2h35 €39,50 €27,50

U 12h27 Oriente
      12h51 Alcantara-Terra
      0h24 €P

TC 12h51 Alcantara-Terra
      13h06 Alcantara-Mar
      0h15 €NA

U 13h15 Alcantara-Mar
      13h34 Oeiras
      0h19 €P

U 13h37 Oeiras
      13h53 Cascais
      0h16

24 Answers Apr 12, 2009 at 7:50 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Doubt; just a info.

by Maurizioago Online Now Mar 17, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Some time ago I wrote atip about the big park where the Museu Condes de Castro Guimaraes is located. I am not sure about the name of this park. Is this Parque Municipal da Gandarinha, or Parque Marechal Carmona?

7 Answers Mar 20, 2009 at 11:02 PM
    • disabled on mobility scooter

by boy351 Online Now Dec 6, 2008 at 5:34 AM

do they allow mobility scooters on train from lisburn to estoril (the one i have
      is about the smallest you can get)

2 Answers Dec 6, 2008 at 1:32 PM