Cascais Travel Answers

change location

Cascais hotel suggestion?

by x07afb Online Now Jul 5, 2011 at 2:33 PM

My wife and I are planning a trip to Cascais for a couple of days as part of a trip to Portugal in September. I am trying to book a hotel in the area that will meet all of our needs. Particularly, could anyone recommend a hotel that is firmly situated close to the beach, but is also walking distance from a nice selection of restaurants? One hotel that I was looking at which looks quite nice is Hotel Cascais Miragem. The reviews are quite favourable, and I was just wondering if anyone in this group had any experiences there?

Also, would it be possible to use Cascais as a base for Lisbon? If we enjoy the feel of Cascais, I’m thinking it might be nice to come back there in the evenings if we decide to make one or two daytrips to Lisbon. I’m just wondering if anyone else has tried this plan? Thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • ranger49's Profile Photo

Re: Cascais hotel suggestion?

by ranger49 Online Now Jul 5, 2011 at 3:10 PM

We did it the other way round - stayed in Lisbon and took day trips to Cascais and Sintra. The train from Lisbon to Cascais runs very frequently and it is a very enjoyable and scenic journey following the coast road for most of the way. Sorry I can't help with hotels in Cascais - somebody else will probably be able to recommend one. But the town centre is very compact so as long as you choose a decent standard hotel in the town you should be OK>

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • 64novpt's Profile Photo

by 64novpt Online Now Jul 6, 2011 at 2:18 AM

Cascais it's fine for day trips to Lisboa, the train it's cheap, frequent and easy. You have a promenade by the sea that goes from Cascais to Estoril, it's easy to choose where to stay at the beach.
    Miragem it's a great hotel, you also have a boutique hotel called "Albatroz" and not so upscale hotel Baia right downtown.

• Steve51's Profile Photo

by Steve51 Online Now Jul 6, 2011 at 2:25 AM

cascias - lisbon train info at
    cp.pt/cp/displayPage.do?vgne...

about 30 - 35 minutes and less than 2 euro each way as I recall

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines