Cascais Travel Answers

change location

Lisbon airport to Cascais

by hellyc Online Now Apr 19, 2010 at 2:29 AM

Hi-I am going to Cascais for just a few days next month, flying in to Lisbon.
As time is short was hoping there was a direct airport bus but some forums say this is not running? Would it be best to pre book a transfer or get a taxi at the airport and about how much should I expect to pay?
many thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • marielexoteria's Profile Photo

Re: Lisbon airport to Cascais

by marielexoteria Online Now Apr 19, 2010 at 2:43 AM

As of May 2009, the direct bus wasn't running. Instead, I took the airport bus to Cais do Sodré and from there a commuter train. The trip itself, including changing of vehicles, took me less than an hour and it cost me around 5 euros total (I can't remember exactly).

If you have heavy luggage or many suitcases, then a taxi might be a good option but I can't comment on how much you should pay.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now Apr 19, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Yes, the direct airport bus ceased operation over a year ago.

You can take the bus number 91 to Cais do Sodre station in Lisbon for €3,50 then a train to Cascais from there for €1,75. Overall, the journey should take no more than about 60 - 70 minutes. Buses and trains both operate every 20 minutes every day. Bus 91 is a special service with extra luggage space. I have taken a very large bag onto it without problem. If you have no heavy bags, there is also an ordinary city bus number 44 at the airport that also goes to Cais do Sodre but not at weekends.

A taxi or transfer from the airport to Cascais would be at least 30 Euros.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

by LoriPori Online Now Apr 19, 2010 at 5:14 AM

We just did this last May when we went to Portugal. At Lisbon Airport we took the Aerobus, which has a pick-up area right in front of the terminal. it cost 3,50 Euros per person and there was an area for your luggage. Get off at the last stop which is Cais do Sodre' Train Station . The ticket to Cascais was 1,70 Euros and the trip took about 30 minutes.
    When it was time to go home, we had a very early flight, so we needed a taxi at 5:00 a.m. to take us from out hotel in Cascais to the airport. It cost us 50 Euros. The driver said it was expensive as he had to pay highway tolls. The trip took 45 minutes (there was no traffic that early in the morning).
    Here is a link to my Cascais Transportation tip. Hope this helps.

Cascais Transportation Tips by LoriPori

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines