Cascais Travel Answers

change location
matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Safe place to park a car

by matcrazy1 Online Now May 14, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Where to park a car for 4 days/nights in Cascais? Are there any safe underground parkings in the area? How much is it? Well, the parking may be locked/closed at night - I am not going to use my car during my stay in Cascais.

Next Wednesday my wife Urszula (matcrazy0) and I start fantastic trip (I can't wait :-) from Poland to Euromeet in Cascais. Surely, as always, we will travel by car. We are going to visit northern Spain and Portugal on the way there and back (+ maybe Bordeaux, Biarritz and generally Burgundy in France). It's 3400 km one way! Unfortunatelly our centrally located hotel in Cascais (Pergola House) doesn't guarantee any parking place. Hmm... two weeks ago I parked my car overnight in northern France on a public paid parking and I (and 7 other cars) had flat tires in the morning. That's why I ask (being warned of car burglaries as well) and I worry about it.

Greetings and hugs,
Matt.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Re: Safe place to park a car

by matcrazy1 Online Now May 14, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Maybe I should take my dog and leave him as a guard inside a car? :-)
    Well, I am not going to do it.

Matt.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

by Kakapo2 Online Now May 14, 2009 at 3:07 PM

If the dog is inside the car the tyres could still be flat ;-)

• colares's Profile Photo

by colares Online Now May 15, 2009 at 1:05 AM

Hi Matt,

that's a problem. Parking in general is a problem in Cascais. Follow the instructions given on the Homepage of Pergola House as far as parking is concerned!
    There is another parking at the Marinha (port), - 10 min walk from Pergola - which is quite big and you have to pay for. It does not solve the security problem as well. Best you ask at your hotel for advice. - And take everything out of the car (including the dog!).

In case you plan to stay in Burgos (northern Spain - really worth a visit) here is a Hotel with secured garage (12€)two minutes walk from the old town and Cathedral: http://www.hotelfernangonzalez.com/. When driving by car to Portugal we always stay there.
    Another secure option in that area is 30 km before you reach Tordesillas: El Montico. Next to the Highway, but calm in a huge (secured)park: http://www.elmontico.com/default2.aspx

Enjoy the trip and see you.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines