Cascais Travel Answers

change location
Jaco89's Profile Photo

Cascais/Estoril Bike Rental

by Jaco89 Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 9:20 PM

Hello everyone, Does anyone know where I might rent a decent road bike in the Cascais/Estoril/Sintra area? Thanks so much, John

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • xicomelo's Profile Photo

Re: Cascais/Estoril Bike Rental

by xicomelo Online Now Feb 17, 2005 at 7:50 AM

In Cascais I know you can rent a bike for free. Just ask in the Tourism Office. I don't know if it is decent or not :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • AlPhilip's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Cascais/Estoril Bike Rental

by AlPhilip Online Now Feb 18, 2005 at 6:51 AM

Really, if you're thinking of using a bike to go around bring your or buy one overhere. There are no decent bikes for rent around here and it isn't safe at all to use them on the streets.

• colares's Profile Photo

Re: Cascais/Estoril Bike Rental

by colares Online Now Feb 21, 2005 at 1:05 AM

Hi John, normaly you can rent a bike in front of the Hotel Bahia in Cascais, which is right opposite the beach. I can't say anything about the quality of the bikes and the prices. There is a nice bike road from Cascais to Praia do Guincho and I always see a lot of bikers going up to Cabo da Roca. Quality of street is ok, but be aware of portuguese car drivers. Have fun.

• Re: Cascais/Estoril Bike Rental

by zeze_camarinha Online Now Apr 9, 2008 at 11:38 AM

hi,

this is not true!
    There is one place where you can rent a bike or bicycles (quad/atv also available) in Cascais, near de courthouse. the name is xbike and you can see all details @ www.xnet.pt
    see for yourself and enjoy

"Really, if you're thinking of using a bike to go around bring your or buy one overhere. There are no decent bikes for rent around here and it isn't safe at all to use them on the streets. "

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines