Cartagena Travel Answers

change location
miselemeas's Profile Photo

Cartagena, Spain - a good place to live?

by miselemeas Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 1:25 AM

I am considering a move to Cartagena, Spain, having visited on vacation a couple of times. I am looking on information on what are the best areas to live in, crime rate, security etc. I have a preference for living in the city rather than in the suburbs as I love the port area, architecture, atmosphere etc. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Cartagena, Spain - a good place to live?

by Aislingb Online Now Nov 7, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Hiya! I'm Irish, been living in Cartagena since 1997. I live in the city centre near the port. I love living here, the people are friendly, the lifestyle very relaxed. I suppose a lot depends on your age and what you are used to or looking for. Will you need to work? Now isn't a great time to look for a job :(
    As regards crime and security, I have never ever had a problem - the streets are safe and there's very little robbery in the city (it's different on the coastal areas, especially during the deserted winter months).
    There's SO much I could tell you, let me know what info you need?
    regards
    Aisling

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ranger49's Profile Photo

Re: Cartagena, Spain - a good place to live?

by ranger49 Online Now Nov 7, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Hello and welcome to VT.
    miselemeas - who asked the question about living in Cartagena has not been back to the forum since June 25 2008. Perhaps S/he is living there now.
    By the way, you can easily check if a member has been recently active on the Forum by clicking on their username. That will take you to the member's home page and alongside the photo you will find the date when they last logged in.
    Hope you enjoy VT - and living in Cartagena, lovely town. I bet it is warmer there now than where I am.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines