Cartagena Travel Answers

change location

Help

by albertriddell Online Now Jun 9, 2007 at 10:24 AM

Hi guys, bit of advice needed here. I am in Caracas at the moment , and tommorow night i will be getting a bus to Cartagena, now i have heard that this is unsafe to cross the border by bus..the company i am going with is called Brasillia, and the buselook pretty standard, good buses. So, can anyone advise me if this will be a dangerous trip or not, by my reckoning the bus should cross the border at around 4 in the morning. Also guuys, does anyone know of any decent cheap hostels in Cartagena . Many thanks guys, quick response would help here, as am leaving tommorow, as i say, and have only just heard about the dangers. Cheers ian

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • nhoolb's Profile Photo

Re: Help

by nhoolb Online Now Jun 9, 2007 at 12:37 PM

Brasilia is a reputable bus company of Colombia. I try to avoid bus travel by night as much as possible in Colombia and Peru and never crossed the borders by land (as mentioned in your other posting). Be careful and keep a low profile. Be prepared for road blocks and checking for IDs by police/military several times (at least in Colombia; don't know about Venezuela).
    The frontier area can be troublesome because of drug related activities and assumed guerilla presence (and their combination); Colombia accuses Venezuela of helping/giving shelter to those groups.
    Good luck and happy travels
    Noel

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines