Carndonagh Travel Answers

change location

Search

by mikefitzgeral Online Now May 15, 2012 at 1:48 PM

My wife and I are coming to the area in September. We are frequent visitors to Ireland, this year we will attempt to find out something about my mother's home and family. We attempted to several years ago and ran into scheduling problems, hopefully this time will be better, time is runnig out. I have the name of an area, Malin Head, home of my grandfather Neal McKeague but not much more. Any suggestions for us.
Thank you

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Search

by davidjo Online Now May 15, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Malin Head is the most northern point of Ireland and really looks beautiful when i checked the images. There appears to be a few houses and a lighthouse, perhaps he was the lighthouse keeper! Check local cemeteries and records on various ancestor sites. Most of the sites you have to pay for but some give you a weeks trial. It certainly seems a lovely area to stay even if you cannot trace the family tree. I shall put it on my list of places to visit!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Re: Search

by hawkhead Online Now May 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

If there is a church nearby you might check the records there. Or the records office or library in the nearest largish town. What sort of era are we talking about - pre-900's, 1920's or what?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines