Carnac Travel Answers

change location

brittany-carnac good eateries for families

by nickken Online Now Mar 14, 2004 at 11:40 AM

i'm visiting carnac this summer with my wife and 5 children and i'd appreciate advice on good family restaurants and any other tips on places to see in the area!!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • freya_heaven's Profile Photo

Re: brittany-carnac good eateries for families

by freya_heaven Online Now Mar 14, 2004 at 1:11 PM

There are Lots of lovely places to Visit in that area of Brittany, (its my favourite area of France) Auray is a lovely Olde Worlde estuary town. Vannes, old quarter, ramparts & moat Concarneau, frances 3rd largest fishing port with a medieval old town on an island in the harbour Benodet, Beg Meil & Fousenant all have beautiful beaches. Upmarket La Trinite with its marina Quiberon is a resort linked to the mainland by a narrow slice of land, you can also get a ferry for the day to the Belle Ile. As well as Carnac itself to explore. This whole area is very flat & we usually hire bikes. you can find out cycle routes from the tourist office once you are there. Hope this helps, Have a wonderful holiday (~_~) Nicola

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • JLBG's Profile Photo

Re: brittany-carnac good eateries for families

by JLBG Online Now Mar 14, 2004 at 8:42 PM

I am living in France but too far from Carnac and seldom a visitor to give you any tips of my own for restaurants but I advise you to buy the "Guide du routard, Bretagne Sud" They always give very reliable tips. It is only in French but I supppose you know enough French to use it as it is very clearly presented. For every town, you will find the headings "ou dormir ?", "ou manger ?", "ou boire un verrre ?", "ou manger une patisserie ?" etc… Under the heading "ou manger ?", you will find restaurants classified as "tres bon marche", bon marche" "prix moyens" "plus chic" and "tres chic". I am sure you will find what you need. You will have to go in "creperies" a speciality of Bretagne. You will eat all sorts of "crepes" (pancake) from plain to stuffed we everything you can think of (salted or sweet). Enjoy

• Re: brittany-carnac good eateries for families

by kiteman Online Now Oct 27, 2004 at 3:05 PM

You don't say what age your children are, and how flexible their eating habits are, so it could be "chips & burgers" watch for the Golden M in Carnac Plage. If they're a bit more adventurous and prepared to take chances watch foe Creperies and local restaurants which will often have set menu 3 courses for 10-12 euro, sometimes including wine. The best of these tend to out of town. One of my kids favourite meals was to visit wherever the market was on that day,.buy a couple of baguettes, spit roast chicken and make hot chicken sandwiches. Someone else has already mentioned Auray. A beatiful town. Very busy on market day. We also had one of our best meals there but I cannot remember the name. Directions, down to the harbour, over the bridge by the sailing ship, turn right and cafe resturant is about 100m on left, best salads ever. Enjoy. TIP eat where locals eat Kiteman

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines