Carmel-by-the-Sea

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Carmel by the sea dos and don'ts?

by Pimms7 Online Now 2 hours ago

We will be in Carmel next week , is it true that ladies should not wear high heels?
      Anything else we need to bear in mind apart from ......if you see Clint ,do not even look at him just mind one's own business!

more
    • Carmel by the sea dos and don'ts?

by Pimms7 Online Now 2 hours ago

We will be in Carmel next week , is it true that ladies should not wear high heels?
      Anything else we need to bear in mind apart from ......if you see Clint ,do not even look at him just mind one's own business!

3 Answers 1 hours ago
    • Where to stay in the Carmel area?

by Pimms7 Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 7:24 PM

We will spend 5 nights in the Carmel area end of April. We are looking for a nice romantic hotel with access to walks by the ocean and other points of interest. We would be grateful for any advice from all you seasoned travellers. This is our first vacation for a few years so we don't mind spending a little more than usual.
      What will the weather be like then?
      Thank you in anticipation.

8 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 11:13 PM
    • Carmel to Yosemite

by kjcayman Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 12:20 PM

I'll be driving from Carmel to Yosemite in May. Any tips on a good place to stop for lunch and a wander? Thanks

6 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 11:07 PM
    • Dmcmahon's Profile Photo

Carmel, Monterey or Pacific Grove

by Dmcmahon Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 5:16 AM

Spending three nights in this area in Oct....our first time in CA. Thought we wanted to stay in Carmel, but now we're not sure. We're in our early 60's, love the beach (walk/jog), good restaurants, a little shopping, and want to stay in a nice, comfortable hotel/B&B within walking distance to beach and town. We are continuing down Hwy 1 to LA. Thanks for any suggestions!
      Deb

17 Answers Mar 23, 2011 at 1:22 PM
    • olazabal14's Profile Photo

About restaurants

by olazabal14 Online Now Dec 5, 2010 at 12:50 AM

I´ll stay 4 days in Carmel next month and i have several questions:
      I´ll stay at Carmel lodge, is it a good choice?
      Which is the best place to have breakfast?
      Which is the best italian restaurant?
      Which is the best burger of the city?

Thank you very much in advance!

Mario

6 Answers Dec 5, 2010 at 5:29 PM
    • carmel

by woutersn Online Now Aug 25, 2010 at 3:14 AM

Will travel to Carmel. Is it possible to bike
      to Big Sur Lucia Lodge.? That's a nice restaurant
      overlooking the Pacific? How long wil that take?
      regards

3 Answers Aug 25, 2010 at 11:26 PM
    • Romantic stay at Carmel

by Mafufo Online Now May 7, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Am traveling with my girlfriend to San Francisco, but we are planning to stay for one night in Carmel, because I have been told its beatiful. I already rented a car, so I can drive from the SFO airport on thursday down to Carmel.

I've seen some nice hotels in Carmel by the Sea, but also on Pacific Grove, Monterey and even Peble Beach, and I don't know the difference between each of the places.

Where is the best place to stay on a Romantic get away?
      What to do on the day?
      What hotel, inn, or b&b would you recomend?

10 Answers Jul 7, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    • Carmel-by-the-Sea -- Looking for Tips from Experienced Travellers

by Perilux2 Online Now Sep 25, 2008 at 5:35 PM

I'm planning a weekend getaway with a friend and I'm looking for a good place to stay in Carmel.

We've done a few trips together, but we're young and broke and always end up staying at some cheap motel. This time I'd like to splurge a little bit on some sort of Inn or smaller hotel with a good, relaxing vibe.

Also, if anyone from the area knows about any great places to eat or experiences to try, I'm all ears. I know there's alot more to Carmel than just the one strip of shops.

Thanks!
      -Jack

2 Answers Sep 26, 2008 at 12:39 PM
    • traveling Hwy 1

by jamotz#4 Online Now Aug 18, 2008 at 5:03 PM

Should we fly to San Francisco or Los Angelos to get the most bang for traveling Hwy 1?

Should we have reservations for lodging or just see where we land each night?

9 Answers Aug 19, 2008 at 7:14 AM
    • topgunn's Profile Photo

Travelling to San Francisco from Carmel

by topgunn Online Now Mar 25, 2008 at 2:43 PM

We have a week in Carmel. We were hoping to play tourist in San Francisco for a day or two. While we have a hire car, are we best to leave it in Carmel and get a bus or train to SF, or should we drive and pay for parking?

12 Answers Mar 26, 2008 at 6:56 PM
    • rugby

by achait Online Now Oct 15, 2007 at 1:26 PM

Does anyone know of a sports bar or other location near Carmel to watch the world cup rugby finals next Saturday?

1 Answer Oct 15, 2007 at 2:30 PM
    • yvr's Profile Photo

Mission Ranch Restaurant Carmel

by yvr Online Now Sep 22, 2007 at 5:05 PM

Use to eat at the Carmel Mission Ranch some 35/40 years ago. Will be taking some visitors to the area in October. Could any LOCAL'S who live in the area, and have been to the Ranch lately, please comment on the quality of the food. It use to be great years ago.

1 Answer Sep 23, 2007 at 12:14 AM
    • yoyosh's Profile Photo

Rocky Point Restaurant

by yoyosh Online Now Aug 21, 2007 at 10:58 AM

Hello,

My girlfriend and I are vacationing in a few weeks in Monterey, and thought about driving down to the Rocky Point Restaurant for a lunch or just drinks. Is that considered an exceptional view or will we have our fill of similar views driving to and from San Fran? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance!

4 Answers Sep 19, 2007 at 9:47 PM
    • bluegemini's Profile Photo

4th July in Carmel?

by bluegemini Online Now Apr 15, 2007 at 7:38 AM

Hi , it's possible that the itinerary for my wife and i and 15 yr old son will find us in the vicinity of Carmel/Monterey on 4th July. Can you tell me if, being Independence Day, whether everything shuts down and things are very quiet, or is it a mass celebration with a good vibe, parties, fireworks etc???
      Please give me a feeling for the day.
      Would it be better or worse if we were in the Big Sur area on the 4th or wouldn't it matter?
      Thanks

4 Answers Apr 27, 2007 at 4:51 PM
    • Traveling up the coast to San Francisco

by cateringassist Online Now May 17, 2006 at 7:15 AM

We will be leaving from LA to carmel, monterey,san francisco and napa. I want to know if we could stay in carmel and just travel to monterey and big sur. I believe we will be going up the 101 (scenice highway). How long does it take to get from LA to carmel?

I was thinking about staying at the candle light in. We will only be there one night. Are there any suggestions on things we must do if we have half a day on sunday-sunday night-and half a day on monday.

How far is it from carmel to San Francisco?

Thank for your help

3 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Em Le's for breakfast

by GUYON Online Now May 16, 2004 at 10:36 AM

Your experience of this old restaurant please. Does it worth its reputation ? Thanks RAY

2 Answers May 16, 2004 at 6:13 PM
    • Travelling from Carmel to San Francisco

by woodyoneshoe Online Now Mar 25, 2004 at 1:29 PM

Hi, we are travelling in California and will be dropped off at Carmel around mid-day. Can you tell me how we can travel from there to San Francisco on the same day? Are there buses, trains? Would an organised tour take us just for the return journey? Help!

1 Answer Oct 3, 2006 at 9:33 PM
    • Accommodation

by mactavs Online Now Mar 5, 2004 at 2:22 AM

Would it be possible to find somewhere reasonably priced to stay for a Friday night in early April without booking in advance?

1 Answer Mar 5, 2004 at 11:47 AM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Hotel by the sea

by GUYON Online Now Feb 8, 2003 at 12:13 AM

I do not find any hotel with a direct access to the ocean either in Carmel or in Monterey or in Seaside. Does this kind of accomodation exist ? Or Clint eastwood has forbidden the building of hotels along the sea shore. Thanks RAY

3 Answers Feb 8, 2003 at 4:37 AM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Accomodation

by GUYON Online Now Dec 6, 2002 at 11:29 PM

We wish to go back in Carmel we visited quickly 4 years ago. Could you advice us a hotel located in the city of Carmel by the Sea which is both comfortable and affordable ? We search especially in Carmel and not in Monterey we foresee to visit from Carmel. Thanks RAY

5 Answers Feb 4, 2003 at 4:58 PM