Carmel-by-the-Sea Travel Answers

change location

Carmel-by-the-Sea -- Looking for Tips from Experienced Travellers

by Perilux2 Online Now Sep 25, 2008 at 5:35 PM

I'm planning a weekend getaway with a friend and I'm looking for a good place to stay in Carmel.

We've done a few trips together, but we're young and broke and always end up staying at some cheap motel. This time I'd like to splurge a little bit on some sort of Inn or smaller hotel with a good, relaxing vibe.

Also, if anyone from the area knows about any great places to eat or experiences to try, I'm all ears. I know there's alot more to Carmel than just the one strip of shops.

Thanks!
-Jack

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • SONG's Profile Photo

Re: Carmel-by-the-Sea -- Looking for Tips from Experienced Travellers

by SONG Online Now Sep 25, 2008 at 9:07 PM

I have not been there for several years, but I think the Pine Inn on Ocean is one of the original and quaint inns. Each room is different....price and size.
    La Playa is closer to the ocean and you can actually see the Ocean from your bed in some of the rooms facing such. It has a lovely courtyard and is newer than the Pine Inn. Be sure to have "tea" or breakfast or a lite lunch at the TuckBox Inn......everyone does. Of course, do 17 mile drive and take the drive down the coast on A1 ( I think). That drive is simply breath-taking.
    Wow...I wish I could get back there....Ilovecarmel....see my homepage.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Carmel-by-the-Sea -- Looking for Tips from Experienced Travellers

by travelgourmet Online Now Sep 26, 2008 at 12:39 PM

I frequent Carmel-by-the-Sea and love the town. It has so much to offer. The motel and B&B's are all quite nice and the less expensive ones are in town as well. Rather than get into it all of which you ask, just go to my Carmel-by-the-Sea pages. I have many restaurants and two motels listed as well as things to do while in town. As for the relaxing, Carmel-by-the-Sea is a good choice, as the beach is wonderful, the walks have views, and the shopping is all tight knit. Some restaurants are very expensive but there are many that offer good food at a good value. I'll be back in town in two weeks to take those walks and try some restaurants that I have not visited before. Carmel-by-the-Sea is for all ages and you will find things to do during the day. At night, the carpet is rolled up and Monterey is the closest for night activities.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines