Carmel-by-the-Sea Travel Answers

change location
yoyosh's Profile Photo

Rocky Point Restaurant

by yoyosh Online Now Aug 21, 2007 at 10:58 AM

Hello,

My girlfriend and I are vacationing in a few weeks in Monterey, and thought about driving down to the Rocky Point Restaurant for a lunch or just drinks. Is that considered an exceptional view or will we have our fill of similar views driving to and from San Fran? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Re: Rocky Point Restaurant

by brotherleelove Online Now Aug 21, 2007 at 11:07 AM

It's better than the view along Hwy 1 between SF and Santa Cruz, but if you want the best drive and view and setting for a meal go a few miles further south to Big Sur, to the restaurant called Nepenthe. They have an outdoor deck if the weather's good and you can see 50 miles down the coastline. There's a fantastic craft/gift shop there as well called The Phoenix. At one time Orson Welles and Rita Hayworth owned this property.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • yoyosh's Profile Photo

by yoyosh Online Now Aug 22, 2007 at 8:15 AM

Thanks for the tip. About how of a drive is it from Monterey (the Cannery Row area)?

• brotherleelove's Profile Photo

by brotherleelove Online Now Aug 22, 2007 at 10:32 AM

You mean how long a drive from Cannery Row to Big Sur? About an hour, maybe less.

• Re: Rocky Point Restaurant

by sassymommers Online Now Sep 19, 2007 at 9:47 PM

I've heard Nepenthe has a gorgeous view but is overpriced and disappointing! A friend spent200 for 4 to dine seated in plastic patio chairs .... *shrug*

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines