Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• John195123's Profile Photo

Local Eateries

Socorro Dec 11, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Hi,

I'm going to be in Socorro for a few days and I just wanted to find the best places to eat. I know that's a vague question, but, from a local's perspective, what's the place you go to (or would go to) as often as possible?

Thanks!

more
    • TLippard's Profile Photo

Cave Exploring in Carlsbad Caverns

by TLippard Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Hi. My wife and I are soon to be traveling to CC to do some of the ranger guided cave tours. We anticipate 5 or 6 of the tours, over a 3 or 4 day period. Some will be the easy ones, all the way up to the Strenuous tours. My question to any of you experienced cave explorers... Is it feasible to do say a moderate and a Strenuous cave tour in a single day (time permitting)? What are the pitfalls? We are both in better than average shape and being on our feet for 8-10 hours a day isn't a problem.

Also, given the White Nose Syndrome issue with the bats, how do we go about making sure our gear is cleaned? We're getting helmets, lamps, etc. from the ranger, but what about our clothes, shoes, flashlights, kneepads? Is there a washout area or what do we do?

Thanks a bunch in advance. Any other pertinent information you could throw my way would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

3 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 4:15 AM
    • Baby Strollers?

by JonSmith123 Online Now Apr 12, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I was wondering if the caves were open to people with baby strollers. Not sure how the navigation is down there so any help would be appreciated.

3 Answers May 4, 2011 at 9:14 PM
    • June trip to the Caverns

by VIKTOY Online Now Jan 31, 2011 at 1:56 PM

The Caverns are on my wishlist. We are driving from Portland,OR area to Reno middle of June with a group and thinking of keeping going to Carlsbad. What are the roads like (we are driving a Corvette) and the safety of leaving it unattended while looking at the caverns. Is the Best Western in Whites City OK?

3 Answers Feb 1, 2011 at 4:04 PM
    • beatchfre's Profile Photo

Best to see the bat flying in or out?

by beatchfre Online Now Mar 8, 2006 at 12:04 PM

Hi there,

I'm trying to plan a little 2/3-day road trip from Santa Fe -> Roswell -> Carlsbad Caverns -> White Sands with my parents (from Scotland). I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best time to go to caverns i.e. should I go to see the bats flying INTO the cave at dawn, or OUT of the cave at dusk.

We will be going sometime between the 5th to 12th of June. Just trying to plan an itinerary.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Lee

PS: Anyone know of any events going on in Alomagordo, Roswell, or Carlsbad in the above timeframe?

6 Answers Mar 12, 2006 at 5:48 PM