Carlsbad Travel Answers

change location

Possibly relocating from NYC to Carlsbad, NM

by DianeM Online Now May 20, 2004 at 3:11 PM

I have made a major decision for change- going from a major city where I have lived all my life to a quiet town. Could a native, or long-time resident please give me some information only you would know- how safe is it - things for the average resident to do in the evening- are there other ethnic groups besides the heavy Mexican presence represented? Please give me as much information as you can to help me finalize what I hope will be my dream move. I am looking for a much more quiet, solid life where I hope people are pleasant and cheerful and stress is not an everyday feeling (after 9-11, it's really stressful here). Thank you one and all. Diane

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Nana87106's Profile Photo

Re: Possibly relocating from NYC to Carlsbad, NM

by Nana87106 Online Now May 26, 2004 at 11:44 AM

Diane, Yes, there are many Anglos in Carlsbad too. I'm not sure about the Mexican population (I'm from Albuquerque), but the Hispanic population is probably significant down there also. It's real safe, I think they just had their first murder in 10 years (or was that Portales??). Quite a few tourists down there too, with Carlsbad Caverns. Briana

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Bonadventures's Profile Photo

Re: Possibly relocating from NYC to Carlsbad, NM

by Bonadventures Online Now Apr 11, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Did you make the move? If so, is Carlsbad what you expected?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines