Carlsbad Travel Answers

change location
erichtokyo's Profile Photo

Please let me know how to go to Carlsbad from L.A

by erichtokyo Online Now Sep 6, 2011 at 1:37 AM

First,I'm a Japanese,so if my English is strange,please let me know the right one.
Though I'm planning to go Carlsbad from L.A,is it possible to take a taxi to go to Carlsbad from L.A? Schould I take a commercial airplane?
Because I don't want to drive a car in a foreign country.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • ranger49's Profile Photo

Re: Please let me know how to go to Carlsbad from L.A

by ranger49 Online Now Sep 6, 2011 at 2:15 AM

A taxi would be very expensive and it is not, in my opinion a pleasant road trip.
    Much better to take the Antrak Surfliner train from LA Union Station to Oceanside, the nearest station to Carlsbad and easily accessible with a short taxi ride.
    The train journey takes about 2 hours and is a comfortable and relaxing way to travel.
    There is a regular shuttle bus from LAX airport to Union Station should you need transport at that part of your journey.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

by bocmaxima Online Now Sep 6, 2011 at 2:21 AM

It would be cheapest and probably best to connect at Oceanside to the Coaster train and go directly to Carlsbad if the schedule works. If you are going to Legoland, there is a bus that will take you there from the Carlsbad train station. If you are going to a hotel, you can try to call the hotel to see if they will pick you up, or you can take a taxi.

http://www.gonctd.com/coaster
    amtrak.com/servlet/ContentSe...

• erichtokyo's Profile Photo

by erichtokyo Online Now Sep 6, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Hello everyone
    Thank you for good information,and I will try to take the train you described.
    I am looking forward to visiting Carlsbad.
    Regards

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines