Carlsbad Travel Answers

change location

Discovering Carlsbad

by nino224 Online Now Feb 20, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Gonna be in Carlsbad in early April with the wife and 4 y.o., probably staying at one of the Hilton resorts. I'll probably rent a car as well. I want to take my son to Legoland and Wild Animal. We like the beach, sightseeing, good food, and discovering new places. Would appreciate any suggestions, advice, and tips. And if anyone is familiar with the Hilton properties let me know what you think. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: Discovering Carlsbad

by nino224 Online Now Feb 20, 2010 at 2:11 AM

Thanks, Ranger!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

Re: Discovering Carlsbad

by lmkluque Online Now Feb 20, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Ranger has offered some great options. I would mention that what she called, "Sealand is a very popular attraction and children love it...." Is actually, "SeaWorld," so if you want to look it up on-line you'll see what she means.

Also, in La Jolla, there is a shop that for a smallish fee will allow you access down to the beach where there are tide pools. This is really a fun place for little ones as they can see a few sea creatures. Just make sure you go there at low tide.

The San Diego Zoo has a nice little children's petting zoo with basically mild mannered animals the kids can mingle with. At certain times they also have crafty things to do and little demonstrations geared for smaller children.

I have more info on these places on my Carlsbad, La Jolla and San Diego pages if you're interested.

by lmkluque Online Now Feb 20, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Hi Barbara,

I know how easy it is to confuse these type of names, even when we've gone to the places, they are so often interchanged.

I hope you have a great time when you are in Carlsbad again this year.

• jagheter's Profile Photo

by jagheter Online Now Jul 31, 2012 at 11:04 AM

@lmkluque, thanks for all the great suggestions for Carlsbad. I haven't been to Benihana in ages, and after seeing it on your travel page I'm going to make it part of my Legoland trip.

by lmkluque Online Now Aug 1, 2012 at 11:47 AM

It'll be fun for the little one. Especially the knife wielding display.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines