Carlsbad Travel Answers

change location
mjqd's Profile Photo

marathon

by mjqd Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 5:01 PM

We are coming from NH so my husband can run the marathon on his 60th birthday!
We are thinking of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. I am hoping to be able to see him running a few times during the marathon. Does anyone know the course? We do have the map from the marathon page but being unfamiliar with roads, it's hard to get a handle on the area. Will I be able to walk or drive to points to view him from that hotel? I'm sure some of the roads will be closed for the race, does anyone have any suggestions for getting around to the start, finish and a couple of points along the route that I would be able to see him?
Also, how is the weather there then? Long pants, shorts, sweaters, jackets?
We got over a foot of snow in the past week here so we are definitely looking for a warmer place soon! Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

Re: marathon

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 7:16 PM

Looks like you are in a pretty good spot. As near as I can tell from the route map they do a couple of legs that turn just a block or so from your hotel. Easy walk to at least three turns where you should be able to see your hubby. I don't live there, but my mother lives just a mile or so inland off La Costa. You will want to dress in layers as it can get cool and damp near the ocean, but be fairly warm when the fog burns off and the sun comes out.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines