change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• csuresh's Profile Photo

One day to spend - tips

Lake District National Park Apr 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I am planning to travel from London by Train to Manchester. Then take rental car to Lake District. Then I wanted to spend till noon next day to make return journey. This means I will have almost full 24 hours to spend wisely. Please suggest me an itinerary.

more
    • hmb10's Profile Photo

One way car rental

by hmb10 Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Greetings! We are having difficulty finding a Car Rental Company that enables us to pick up a rental in Carlisle and drop it off 3days later in Heysham. We are catching this ferry to Douglas,Isle of Man as foot passangers.Would appreciate any names of car rental companies that do this one way rental...Thanks

7 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 1:30 AM
    • accommodation

by celtic10 Online Now Jul 18, 2011 at 3:04 AM

Hello
      Can anyone suggest some cheap accommodation hostel/backpacker B & B in Carlisle or maybe Dumfries or Lockerbie.

Hope someone can assist.
      Cheers

2 Answers Jul 18, 2011 at 4:21 AM
    • henry14's Profile Photo

Recommendations for eatting near the Castle

by henry14 Online Now Jul 13, 2010 at 1:48 PM

We're attending a show at Carlisle Castle in a couple of weeks. Is there anywhere nice within walking distance of the Castle to eat on a Saturday evening? Looking for something informal and suitable for a teenager.

Thanks.

• hadrian's wall

by eugene.uk Online Now Feb 7, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Hi there

Does anyone know how to get to Hadrian's wall from Carlisle? Is the sight reachable by public transport, is it perhaps within walking distance from the city centre? Thanks.

Eugene

4 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    • Where to stay (cheap!) near Carlisle

by julianclaxton Online Now Sep 15, 2004 at 4:52 AM

I am an artist travelling up to Cumbria as part of October's FRED Festival (1-10 October). I'm aiming to recreate a famous 1960s photograph on Burgh Marshes near Carlisle of the 'Solway Spaceman' (see Antonwalkabout's pages for more info). Does anyone know anywhere good (and cheap) to stay for a few days while I research/carryout the piece. Also local sources of compressors and protective clothing... Any info greatfully received - and if you're in the area and have nothingbetter to do , you could watch or join in!

1 Answer Sep 15, 2004 at 1:39 PM