Cardiff Travel Answers

change location

Help Please :( Proposal Location Help :)

by asiluzman Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Hello ;)
I am planing to propose my Girlfriend in Cardiff this summer in july so I am planing a suprise romantic picnic.
However I couldnt decide on the location.
Please help me to choose one of them or tell me a better option...

a)Rhossilli cliffs
b)Pan y Fon Pond
c)Scenic Waterway
d)The pomenade Brecon
e)Bute park
f)roath park
g)castell coch
h)caerphilly mountain
ı)cosmeston lakes con. park
j)whitmore bay

thanks a lott...
have a nice day

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

Re: Help Please :( Proposal Location Help :)

by akkipaa Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Hmm..., I have done the same (twice :) and would like to encourage you to think about yourself, how you feel, prepare a short (love)speech or poet, smile and say you love her. Then the place comes after, I am sure that if you succeed she never remember where it happened :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

by akkipaa Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM

By the way, the my second time was in Sierra De Mijas close to Benanmaldena Spain, and I am sure that my wife don't remember the name of the place (of course she remember my smile and the strength of my love :)

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Being a nature lover I would choose Rhossolli Cliff with the magnificent view of the long sandy beach, the cliffs and the ocean. It can still be very peaceful there. Take a rug, a bottle of champagne and something very special to eat----and don.t forget the camera!

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo

by aaaarrgh Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM

It is difficult to give good advice without knowing a bit more about you. I'm guessing that neither of you are from Wales? I live in Cardiff but have never heard of (b) or ©.

Ultimately you know your girlfriend better than us, so will know what sort of locations and settings she loves! Rhossili beach, the Worms head, Rhossili Downs and the nearby coast are some of the most beautiful and picturesque places in South Wales. Unfortunately I don't think the sun sets over the sea in June, it will be too far north. But a warm evening with a picnic on the beach could be magical. Bear in mind, though, it may also be busy and crowded with families during the summer. If it is raining or there is a strong westerly wind (possible) it may be bracing, even in June!

The castles around Cardiff are splendid. Castell Coch is very quaint on a wooded hillside. To be honest, I find it quite chilly and damp even in the summer. You could even consider the Castle in the centre of Cardiff, if she likes castles. From the top of the old Norman keep you can get a panoramic view of the city and the adjacent Bute Park. The late 1800's fantasy castle is even more impressive.

If your other half likes parks and gardens Bute Park is very pleasant during the summer, with long opening hours. There are now two cafe's, the second one being near the council greenhouses with seating opposite the ornamental Stuttgart garden. It may be quieter than the main cafe. Much further afield is the National Botanic Gardens of Wales, west of Swansea, with a dramatic greenhouse and 18th century walled gardens.

Or maybe you could visit Penarth, have a nice meal at "The Fig Tree" and propose to her at the end of the pier?

Lots of choices!!

• SandiM's Profile Photo

by SandiM Online Now Apr 19, 2013 at 12:35 PM

May I recommend Conwy Castle? We stayed at the Townhouse B&B and it was a lovely room overlooking the Castle walls. There are lots of nice areas to explore here, and great for honeymooning especially if you can go further south about 1 hr away and check out Betws y coed. I was JUST there and it was simply amazing! All of it! Also, proposing on the pedestrian bridge right in front of the castle would be THE ultimate high IMHO at sunset or sunrise (they get amazing sunsets there, truly!).

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines