Carcassonne

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Carcassonne to Homps

by ChefChallenge Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 7:56 AM

6 adults with baggage need to get from Carcassonne to Homps on a Saturday. Detailed info (name of taxi services or train/bus services) especially helpful. Thanks so much
      Anne

1 Answer Jul 7, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    • deniserowe1@sky.com

by nannynew Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 2:52 PM

is there plenty to see and do , we are 2 women visiting for 1 week in september, will not have use of car

3 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 5:24 AM
    • travel from carcassonne to limoux by train or bus.

by sarahhutch Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 4:05 AM

Im travelling to Carcassonne in mid august and will be staying in a hotel in limoux. I was wondering what the prices were for trains or a bus to get to limoux and how frequently they run? (The transport will be required on monday and friday morning/afternoon)

3 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 7:30 AM
    • Taxi from the campanile to airport?

by Aw78 Online Now May 24, 2014 at 3:27 AM

Hi I'm staying at the campanile just outside carcassone. Does anyone know how much a Taxi from the campanile to airport would be?
      Also what's it like between the old city and the campanile? Could we walk it?

Thanks

2 Answers May 24, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • where to view the view

by bronte22 Online Now May 2, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Where can I stay or eat where I can admire the beautiful views. I would be looking for something around the 200 dollar range. Safe, clean and a view.

2 Answers May 3, 2014 at 12:39 PM
    • Brucie99's Profile Photo

Left luggage

by Brucie99 Online Now Apr 28, 2014 at 6:55 AM

Where can I leave my luggage as there is not a left luggage facility at the station?

2 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    • Currency Exchange

by jdenochs Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Where is it best to exchange currency for the best rates-in the US or in France?

3 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 3:43 PM
    • Bus system

by Hazelanneb Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Is it possible to get a bus from Carcasonne to Mazamet?

7 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 4:37 AM
    • coach compnies around Carcasonne

by JohnsHH Online Now Oct 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Who has some names of coach companies around Carcassonne
      I have to arrange transport for 45 people in mid May

3 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    • Booked a Triton 1050 with FPP Travel - will it be ok?

by bandsawman Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Hi all,
      My wife & I, and my parents are going to spend 2 weeks on the Midi Canal next July, starting at Carcassonne and travelling east to the Med.
      We've booked a Triton 1050, but we've since Googled this model of boat and it appears to only have one steering wheel (inside). The spec on their website stated that it had 2 steering wheels.
      Can anybody clear this up for me, and if it does indeed only have the one - is it going to be a problem?
      Thanks in advance, Mike.

14 Answers Oct 25, 2013 at 12:17 AM
    • Bus schedules

by 2revenir Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Are there many buses out of Carcassonne? My wife and I prefer that to renting a car. Thank you in advance!

5 Answers Oct 24, 2013 at 6:45 PM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Easy acces by car?

by Turska Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 5:24 AM

If we would rent a car (from Girona where we are flighting this nigt) and would like to vist Carcassonne (and Narbonne maybe?) , is it easy to find a place to park a car at good walking distance? I just try to find towns near the border, and loved the photos of th old town! Looks like "our thing". Is it worth to stop at Narbonne also? Easy to find the centre? We are flying with Ryanair with only handluggage, and I can´t take my huge France map book with me, it´s way too heavy.. We will saty all night at Girona, so we wont go very far.
      My husbands cellphone has got a navigator, but looks like it need an internet connection, and that would be too expensive to use. Many car rentals give maps, but I belive they will give only map of north Spain, nor France.
      I hope the wifi works well at our hotel, so I can read your answers, if I will get any :) .

22 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    • Public Transport to Las Sablons PORTIRAGNES-PLAGE

by SineadCollier2013 Online Now Aug 6, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Can you please advise of available public transport to the above region on weekdays and also advise of the price fro two adults and two children.

4 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

seeing the Cathar castles

by GentleSpirit Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I would like to take one day of the two I will be spending around Carcassonne to see the Cathar Castles (Queribus, Puilaurens, Peyreperteuse ) Has anyone seen a bus tour that goes to at least some of these sites from Carcassonne?

I will not have a car and will be depending on public transportation. Are there any buses that stop at/near the castles?

19 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 3:45 PM
    • Rental Car

by frankbremer Online Now Jul 20, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Which rental car companies will allow me to renat a car at the train station in Lourdes and drop it in downtown Carcassonne? Which rental car companies have drop locations downtown? Thanks for your help.

2 Answers Jul 26, 2013 at 1:42 PM
    • BEACHES

by camii Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 1:43 PM

is there any beaches near Carcassonne

thank you x

3 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 2:20 AM
    • barcelona to carcassonne

by alessa23 Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM

hello!! i'm planning to got to carcassonne fome barcelona!!! can anyone give us a ridee?!!!

thank youuu!!!

10 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    • KaiyeOng's Profile Photo

What time in the day does the airport bus starts working?

by KaiyeOng Online Now Apr 29, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Hi, my flight from Carcassonne is leaving at 8.35am in the morning, just to ask will the bus be working already by then?

If yes, where am I supposed to catch the bus? I have been trying to look these up on the internet but unfortunately I failed to find anything.

Thanks!

7 Answers Apr 30, 2013 at 5:27 AM
    • iv.o's Profile Photo

Opinions/suggestions on Carcassonne and its surrounding areas

by iv.o Online Now Apr 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Hi, my husband and I and our 1month+ baby will be travelling to Montpellier soon. We will be in Montpellier for 2.5 weeks due to my husband's work schedule. While we are there, we would like to explore Southern France a little.

We will arrive in Montpellier in the morning after travelling from Asia. We have about 3 nights to go around before we stay put in Montpellier. Is it a good idea to drive to Carcassonne from Montpellier, use it as a base for the next 3 nights and travel out during day time? I am looking at some wine areas as well. Somewhere rustic, with characters, natures...

Thank you in advance.

8 Answers Apr 17, 2013 at 8:47 AM
    • Hire car in France

by Janma Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Can I collect a hire car in Toulouse and drop it off a week later in Carcasonne?

4 Answers Mar 24, 2013 at 6:51 AM
    • johnstratton's Profile Photo

Using The Canal du Midi

by johnstratton Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Planning to stay in Carcassonne but wish to visit Toulouse for a couple of days. Anyone know if one can get a canal boat from Carcassonne to Toulouse & back like a taxi service rather than train or drive the journey? Thanks. JS

13 Answers May 16, 2014 at 2:54 PM
    • carcassonne

by alan61 Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM

HI again Have decided to hire a car for 3 days i am in carcassonne. Please give me soom advice on my planned trip if doable. DAY 1..Land in carcassonne lunch time and spend afternoon and evening in medieval city.

DAY 2...Castle tour and ramparts am until lunch.Set off after lunch and drive to millau viaduct i think may be 2 hours drive,visit then drive to coast. Not sure to stay over night in montpellier or nimes and then visit roman aquaduct. DAY 3..on the way back to carcassonne may be visit narboone ? DAY 4 morning in carrcassonne then pm flight home

Is 3 half days enough in carcassonne ?any advice will be great.unfortunately not enough time but would like to do as much as possible. Many thanks

Alan

5 Answers Feb 18, 2013 at 1:17 AM
    • toll road and prices

by alan61 Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Hi
      I will be staying in carcassonne for 3 days in september and am hiring a car as i have been told the best way to get around.
      I would like to visit the millau viaduct and the coast plus may be toulouse.
      I looked on google maps for directions and it stated on route planner partial toll and toll road.
      How do you pay these tolls and can anyone give me sum idea on cost per toll .
      Many Thanks

Alan

13 Answers Feb 12, 2013 at 12:27 PM
    • carcassonne in 2 days

by alan61 Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Hi
      i would love to visit carcassonne in september for 2 days max can i do the best unmissable bits in that time.
      Plus can you reccomend 3 or 4 star hotels that are not to expensive.

Many thanks

alan

9 Answers Feb 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    • CDM7's Profile Photo

Breakfast in Carcassonne

by CDM7 Online Now Aug 10, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Can anyone recommend a good place for breakfast in Carcassonne?Prefer to eat in a cafe rather than our hotel.

4 Answers Aug 11, 2012 at 12:16 PM
    • Left luggage facility

by chihang28 Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 5:11 AM

I plan to tour carcassonne for half day, and heard there is no left luggage facility in the carcassonne train station. Is it true? Please advise if any left luggage facility in the town.

16 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    • Alitha.McEldon's Profile Photo

Copyright of pictures?

by Alitha.McEldon Online Now Feb 14, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I am going to be giving a presentation on Carcassonne to my speech classmates on March 19. I visited Carcassonne myself but was unable to take any pictures. I believe your website has numerous well taken photos and would like permission to use them as visual aids for my speech. Do you have any more pictures of Carcassonne?
      Thank you for your time and help,
      Theresa

5 Answers Feb 15, 2012 at 7:31 AM
    • one day in Carcassonne

by gazstrong Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 3:51 PM

I will be spending one day in carcassonne in early august and was wondering if anyone had a tips for things to do for 2adults and a 2 year old toddler. We intend to view the historic city and spend most of our time there. Are there any other parts of Carcassonne worth visiting such as the other side of the river from the castle/old city?

Also are the bars and restaurants child friendly for eating in, is there any in particular that anyone would recommend.

5 Answers Aug 8, 2011 at 4:31 PM
    • Carcassonne/Beziers area

by BlackIsis Online Now Apr 8, 2011 at 4:29 AM

Hello VT friends,
      I am planning a trip to the area around Carcassonne and Beziers but I'm struggling to find a pretty gite to rent. Could someone who knows the area really well suggest some of the prettier towns and villages around the area? Sensible driving distance from either town as we'll be visiting both, we just need a really nice place to stay. I'm looking at Olonzac but not sure. Thankyou.

8 Answers Dec 26, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    • travel from Barcelona sants to carcassonne

by 14valeria Online Now Apr 1, 2011 at 2:05 PM

How do I get from Barcelona Sants to Carcassonne, by rail & by bus?

7 Answers Apr 2, 2011 at 2:13 AM