Carcassonne Travel Answers

change location

How to get from Toulouse Airport to Carcassonne?

by nure79 Online Now Apr 5, 2010 at 8:13 AM

What is the easiest way? Train,bus or car-rental? Can we take the train or bus direktly from the airport or do we have to get in to the city of Toulouse to do this? And, how long will the trip take?
How much money will it cost to rent a car at Toulouse Airport from Thursday to Sunday, driving to Carcassonne and back?
Hope you understand my englishwriting, it´s not the best...... ( I´m norwegian)

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • puerto_lover's Profile Photo

Re: How to get from Toulouse Airport to Carcassonne?

by puerto_lover Online Now Apr 5, 2010 at 8:23 AM

You take the FLY BUS from the airport into the city and Matabiau Station.
    Then you take a train to Carcasonne. Bus takes 20 minutes every 20 minutes. Cost €5. train takes around one hour - cost depends on type of ticket. See on Voyages SNCF?

toulouse.aeroport.fr/en/airp...

BUS:
    toulouse.aeroport.fr/airport...

RAILWAY:
    http://www.voyages-sncf.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Apr 5, 2010 at 8:26 AM

No railway at Toulouse airport, but you can easily get a shuttle to Matabieu station:

toulouse.aeroport.fr/en/airp...

Train to Carcassonne takes around an hour. Services are frequent, one-way fare from 4 euro. Times, details and fares here (in French, but easy to work out):

voyages-sncf.com/billet-trai...

Can't help with car hire, but the airport website above has info. But you should be aware that parking in Carcassonne may not be easy, and may be very expensive, depending on where you are staying.

I would not bother hiring a car unless you actually want to spend time driving around the countryside. You can easily explore Carcassonne on foot, and trains to Toulouse, Narbonne etec are easily available (and not expensive, imo).

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Apr 5, 2010 at 8:56 AM

One-way fare is from 14 euro....sorry, sticky keyboard!

• kathymof's Profile Photo

by kathymof Online Now Apr 5, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I did exactly what the two above posters recommend - flew into the airport, took the bus, then took the train to Carcassonne. It was really very simple. You will need to pick up your luggage in the "international" part of the luggage collection area if your flight originated outside the EU. Go to the far end of the luggage collection and you will see an inconspicuous painted over glass door with a small sign above it - go through here to get your luggage. Then head the other direction to get the bus. You buy your ticket in a small office right behind where the bus stops. Everyone at the airport and on the bus, including passengers, were very helpful and friendly. One even walked me to my hotel!

1 member found this helpful

• cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now Apr 5, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Beware that the last train from Toulouse to Carcassonne is at 19h59 and that there are no buses between the two cities.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines