Carcassonne Travel Answers

change location

Hire car in France

by Janma Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Can I collect a hire car in Toulouse and drop it off a week later in Carcasonne?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Hire car in France

by leics Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 1:44 AM

That depends entirely on which hire company you use. You will, of course, pay a premium for one-way hire.

Avis www.avis.com has a branch at Toulouse airport and a branch in central Carcassonne.

Europcar www.europcar.com has a branch in Toulouse and at Carcassonne airport (about 15 mins outside the town, regular bus services).

I suggest you use both sites to get an estimate for one-way hire.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Sure you can back you'll likely pay a drop off fee, the last time we visited we rented in Toulouse and dropped in Marseille

Also try AutoEurope, they arrange for rentals from agencies and I've used them before with no problems. Just keep an eye on the fine print, usually the drop fees are an add on and I don't think they put them in the initial price.

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 8:45 AM

You might be better off dropping the car back in Toulouse to avoid the drop-off fees and then if you need to be in Carcassonne, take the train back. There's regular service from Toulouse to Carcassonne. Check the drop-off fee and the train price and go with the last expensive. If the fee doesn't bother you, go with the most convenient although it might be fun to putter about Toulouse for a day sightseeing.

Enjoy the area.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 6:51 AM

yes you can, the only thing is to check the contract so not to pay drop off charges, some do some don't even here. I use Hertz and never had to. if you are from abroad use the ones for years doing it here
    www.autoeurope.com
    www.kemwel.com
    car brokers dealing with all majors brands

hope it helps and happy motoring.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines