Caramoan Travel Answers

change location

suggestions on how to utilize our four-day tour

by angel_berns Online Now Nov 5, 2010 at 2:46 AM

hi! we are planning to go to caramoan and we will be getting a 2-night, 3-day package. However, we will be leaving caramoan around 7:00 am on the third day, so we want to spend the whole third day to go to mayon and/or donsol before going back to manila on the 4th day. is it possible for us to go to mayon? donsol? how are we going to go there? can you suggest us for a good place to stay over night there? in going back to manila, do you think it is better if we book for legaspi-manila flight? instead of naga-manila? by the way, is it the proper course to book a flight from manila to naga in going to caramoan? i will appreciate any suggestion. thank you! :)

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • cyndymc's Profile Photo

Re: suggestions on how to utilize our four-day tour

by cyndymc Online Now Nov 5, 2010 at 5:36 AM

Hi, Angel, welcome to VT! If I understand right, your Caramoan stay & tour are already settled. As to your other concerns:

"is it the proper course to book a flight from manila to naga in going to caramoan?" >> We did just that when we went to Caramoan. We stayed overnight at Naga for a city tour, and left early morning the following day for Caramoan. We took a van bound for Sabang Port, then took the ferry to Caramoan. If you take the first flight to Naga, you can actually proceed to Caramoan already.

"do you think it is better if we book for legaspi-manila flight?">> Again, we did just that because after our Caramoan trip, we toured the Albay towns around Mayon Volcano, and we would therefore be nearer Legaspi Airport.

"is it possible for us to go to mayon?">> Of course you can.

"donsol?">> I don't know. Alloting only one day for Mayon and Donsol might not be feasible. Consider your travel time, and specific activities you expect to do at those places.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: suggestions on how to utilize our four-day tour

by MikeM2 Online Now Nov 6, 2010 at 3:09 AM

You did not mention when this trip will take place - Donsol is a small town and has limited 'facilities' most people go there to see the Whale Sharks and usually starting in late March thru April ...

Legaspi to Donsol is a fairly long trip -

You can get a Philtranco bus in Legaspi each evening (about 5.00pm) back to Manila - I have been on that bus but don't remember the details - other than it takes about 8 hours

We stayed right beside the Cagsawa Ruins - great view of Mayon

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines