Caracas Travel Answers

change location
xantylaol's Profile Photo

Caracas & Venezuela Travel Questions

by xantylaol Online Now Feb 7, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Hi!

I'm planing a trip to Venezuela between 25 March - 10 April 2010. I will arrive in Caracas and it's only me travelling. I'm still considering what options I have, but I'm most interested in spending time on the coast or on the ocean.
I would like to make a boat trip to some of the islands in the Caribic - maybe Trinidad & Tobago, Grenada, St Vincent & Grenadines and Barbados. But going in the other direction to Los Roques, the dutch Antilles, Curacao and Aruba would be nice as well. Can you offer any kind of trip which combines any of these destinations?

I'm also interested in getting tips on Caracas (where to stay, what to do, where to eat, where to go out) and tips on the most interesting inland trips that can be made. I know of most of the big attractions like Angel falls, Orinoco, Jungle Trips, Isla Margharita and so on - but would like to hear about something interesting but not to touristy. I'm ok doing everything from backpacking in the jungle, staying at a spa hotel, driving a couch bus, clubing and eating all the good local food. I love nature, meeting new people, trying the local food and drinks and be able to swim and do sports outdoors.

I hope you have some tips for me. I have been in contact with a few tourist agencies, but it seems to be a problem that I'm travelling alone (for some reason) and the fact that I'm planing to use Venezuela as a starting point for a boatrip into the Caribic doesn't appear to be the standard approach. Your help is most appreciated! :)

Chris

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines