Be the First to Answer

• SUZUKIMAD's Profile Photo

Dive site in Sorrento

Sorrento Apr 13, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Any one used the dive centre at Marina Picolla Sorrento

more
    • BOAT TRIP WITH LUGGAGE TO SORRENTO

Sorrento Apr 18, 2014 at 8:34 AM

WHAT IS BEST BOAT TRIP FROM ROME TO NAPLES TO SORENTO AND HOW TO DRESS IN JULY

more
    • Day trips from Agropoli

Agropoli Apr 6, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Are there day trips from Agropoli to Salerno, Naples or Herculeneum or do we take a bus or train on our own?

more
    • tifftr's Profile Photo

Bus to Mt. Vesuvius?

Pompeii Apr 16, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Can I take a bus to Mt. Vesuvius from Pompeii?

more
    • Campania Arte Card

Naples Apr 4, 2014 at 3:57 AM

How does this card work? We are spending 5 days in Naples and 5 days in Sorrento. We plan to travel by public transport and do the usual sights and some walking. My husband is over 65 and gets some monuments free. Will it be worth it for us

more
    • Public transportation

Sorrento 14 hours ago

We will spend 3 days in Scafati and plan to visit the Pompeii ruins, Sorrento and Almafi coast. We will take a train from Napoli Centrale to Pompeii. I am not sure which train station to get off. The B&B we will stay at is close to the Scafati train station. Should we get off at Torre Annunziata Centrale or the Pompeii station and switch to a local train to to go Scafati train station? Where can I find the train schedules for the bus and the local trains? Another question about the transporation in Sorrento area. I read on some web postings there are Circumvesuviana train tickets, tickets for "UNICO CAMPANIA U 5", "UNICO CAMPANIA E2 or E3", SITA, EAV, and "UNICO COSTIERA". Would some one please explain what they are and which routes they serve. Also there are tickets for 24 hrs and 3 days or 2 days. Is a 24 hrs ticket good for 24 hours from the time the ticket is purchased or only for the same day? Does a 3 day ticket means it is good for 3 calendar days or 3 - 24 hr periods. Can the multiple ride tickets be used on buses or trains from Scafati to Sorrento and the Amalfi coast? Do the tickets need to be validated like those in Rome? Last thing, where can I buy those tickets, single ride or multiple day pass (rides)? Hope you don't mind too many questions. Your answer will save me lots of headache when we are in Italy? "non parlano italiano" Thank you. Al

more
    • Pompeii travel

Pompeii Mar 26, 2014 at 3:33 AM

is a day trip to pompeii possible from rome? we will be travelling with our 10 year old brother
      thanks

more
    • Train to Salerno

Salerno Yesterday

I will arrive at Ciampino Airport at 11:20 am from Madrid and will like to buy train tickets to Salerno on line. But not sure how long it will take to get to Roma Termini from Ciampino to be able to buy train ticket on line for the Freccuarissa train. First I don't know if I can buy train tickets from Ciampino to Roma termini on-line. Neither how long it will take from Ciampino Airport to train station. Playing safe I was thinking to buy ticket to depart from Roma Termini to Salerno at 13:45 hrs, non stop, but not sure if is too tight. Next train is at 14:25hrs. Anyone have done this can tell me if is safe to buy tickets at 13:45

more
    • Travelling Bari to Amalfi......... Then Amalfi to cinque terre

Amalfi Apr 19, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Hi, we need to get from Bari to Amalfi after ...arriving Bari from overnight ferry from Dubrovnik...... Then after staying 5 days in Amalfi we need to get from Amalfi to Cinqe terre.. August 2014. I cannot see that a bus runs on Sundays from Bari to Naples to get to Amalfi...any suggestions? Could we get a train from Bari to say Sorrento or Salerno? I cannot see online that this may be possible....should we hire a car and just drive from Bari to Salerno, then ferry to Amalfi .The trip from Amalfi to cinque terre..any ideas for the fastest and easiest way to get there in one day... I want to book the fast train, but unsure of what time I could book, as not sure how long it will take on ferry from Amalfi to Naples, Of all the arrangements I have made, this part of the journey has baffled me the most! Appreciate your thoughts. many thanks. Anna

more
    • AbhinavA's Profile Photo

Pompeii and Naples day trip from Rome, is my Plan possible

Pompeii Apr 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Hi guys

I am planning a day trip from Rome to Pompeii and Naples National Archaeological Museum. I know it will be a stretched day, but we are 2 young guys(23 yrs) and we think we may be able to pull it off. Please review the following plan and help me understand if I may be missing any caveats.

- Take Frecciarossa at 7-35AM from Roma Termini. Reach Naples at 8-45AM.
      - Take the other train to Pompeii Scavi. I believe we would be able to enter the site by 9-45AM? Am I right?
      - Explore Pompeii for about 4-5 hours and leave the site around 2-45 to 3 pm. Is this time too much or too less or appropriate?
      - Take the train back to Naples, Then Take the Metro to the National Museum. Expect to enter the museum around 4-15.
      - Enjoy the museum for a couple of hours (Only stuff related to Pompeii), Leave the Museum before 6-30 PM
      - Reach Da Michele's Pizza from the museum and have a great Napoli Pizza. I hope the waiting should not be much if I reach before 7pm. If the waiting is too much then I could go to Pizzeria Trianon across the street from Da Michelle.
      - After the Pizza feast head back to Napoli centrale and take the Intercity Train to Rome at 8-30pm.

Please give me your thoughts about this and also feel free to shout it out loud if you think this is crazy. :-) :-)

Abhinav

more
    • What to wear in Sorrento in April

Sorrento Apr 1, 2014 at 2:54 AM

My husband and I are visting Sorrento for Easter. Wondering what to bring to wear. Should I bring Jeans and Sweatshirts or cotton trousers and t-shirts?

more
    • public transport from praiano to naples

Praiano Mar 28, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Begin of April, a friend and me would like to walk along el sentiero deli dei. We'll stay in Naples, so we'd like to know which is the best way to go back to Naples from Praiano at the end of the day. We haven't found any bus or boat schedule.
      Thanks for you help!

more
    • t_cinanni's Profile Photo

Can Hotel increase room rate on an on-line confirmed booking.

Sorrento Apr 2, 2014 at 9:59 PM

I booked on-line for Sorrento hotel 3 nights early May 2014 for mid-week stay. It was booked in November 2013 not a booking agency but the hotel's website. There room rate offer was 79 euro per night. I have now received by email a notification that my credit card has expired (it hasn't) and that the rate is now 89 euro per night. Can they do this?

more
    • Any recommendation about B&B's in Salerno, Naples or Roma

Salerno Apr 10, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I'm planning to be in Roma/Naples and Salerno during the first week of May 2014 vacationing. I'm on a small budget and will like to know if anyone had any experience with the concept of Bed & Breakfast in Italy. Any recommendation will be great. The plan is to spend most of the time in Salerno but will try to venture into the surrounding areas like Pompeii and Amalfi.

more
    • My first trip to Italy but not sure what is better -cash, credit card, debit card or traveler check

Salerno Apr 17, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Any recommendation on what is better to bring to Italy. I'm not sure if is better to bring plenty of euro or travelers check. I will like to know what is safer to deal with to pay for goods, transportation and accommodation. Some body told me that American Express have a prepaid debit card. I will be based on Salerno for the first leg of my trip then Rome. Can I use my ATM debit card to get euros? I also read that in some hotels and B&B does not accept credit cards.

more
    • Travel from Rome to Positano

Positano Apr 4, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Is there a ferry from Rome to Positano?

more
    • aussolo's Profile Photo

blue grotto

by aussolo Online Now Mar 22, 2014 at 11:20 PM

What is the best local tour

4 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 5:43 PM
    • jacknturk's Profile Photo

Capri prices?

by jacknturk Online Now Sep 28, 2013 at 7:23 AM

visiting Sorrento next week and will take a trip to Capri, this place will obviously be pricey, can anyone give me some general tips please especially the cost of the funicular?

8 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 1:41 PM
    • travel time

by dawncastles Online Now Aug 13, 2013 at 2:21 AM

how long does it take to get to Capri from sorrento?

1 Answer Aug 13, 2013 at 2:55 AM
    • MeganW10's Profile Photo

Capri-getting there and Where to stay

by MeganW10 Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM

My husband and I are going to Paris early May for a few days and then flying to Naples. We were planning on ferrying to Capri (what is the best to use). Should we stay in Capri or Anacapri and where?? What all should we definitely do while we are there? We are planning on being there 3 nights. Will there be plenty for us to do?

7 Answers Mar 31, 2013 at 11:49 PM
    • gofmana's Profile Photo

Capri in February

by gofmana Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I will be in Naples around the end of February just for couple of days. Should i go to Capri? I have heard that most places are closed during "dead" season.. Any advice would more than appreciated. Thanks!!!

4 Answers Feb 4, 2013 at 5:08 AM
    • Shop on Via Croce

by TinderHarris Online Now Nov 17, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Looking for contact info for a gift/art shop on Via Croce that sells needlepoint pillow cases and bags..same side of street as Aurora and approx 100 meters toward main square

1 Answer Nov 17, 2012 at 4:43 PM
    • lenyabloko's Profile Photo

Villa Jovis

by lenyabloko Online Now Jul 29, 2012 at 5:08 PM

What is the best way to get to Villa Jovis and back (arriving from Napoli by boat)?

6 Answers Jul 29, 2012 at 11:49 PM
    • Capri for 5 nights or Naples/somewhere else for a few?

by nayha2000 Online Now Apr 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Hi! My husband and I just booked a last minute Easter trip to Capri. We're flying in and out of Naples and have a few questions:

1. We will be there April 5-10. Should we spend all 5 nights in Capri or should we try to visit somewhere else, like Naples or Sorrento for a night? We were thinking about spending the last day/night in Naples since we fly out of there but I haven't read great things about Naples...

2. Any tips on must-do/see things (attractions, restaurants, beaches etc?) We both love beautiful views and are active in our early 30s.

Thanks!

5 Answers Apr 1, 2012 at 7:39 PM
    • Lifecoach1986's Profile Photo

Good Friday

by Lifecoach1986 Online Now Jan 17, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Hello, could you please advise if Good Friday (April 6) will be a good day to visit Capri from Sorrento. Will transportation be running from Sorrento to Capri that day and will anything be open that we can visit. I don't care about shopping but we will probably want to find something to eat and visit some of the sites. Speaking of sites, any suggestions, we love history and beautiful nature. Thank you

3 Answers Jan 17, 2012 at 11:43 PM
    • Travel advice for Capri (Anacapri)

by alastair2 Online Now Jan 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Hello,

My girlfriend and I are spending 3 nights in Anacapri in July. Before we booked our hotels we didn't do much research on the island apart from the fact it's a beautiful place to visit. Now it seems it's quite an expensive place to be...

Could anyone advise us on cheap places to eat as we'll be eating out every night. We're on quite a tight budget.

Also what is transport like at night? Say if we wanted to eat in Capri and come back at midnight or something.

Any other advice is appreciated and welcome.

Thank you.

3 Answers Mar 15, 2013 at 7:34 PM
    • stay in capri or anacapri?

by elliesch Online Now Oct 7, 2011 at 8:46 AM

I am planning to be on the island of capri next march, and wonder if it is better to stay in anacapri or capri at that time of year (we want to hike, ride bikes, see the island). Which place would anyone recommend, and are there any food markets that time of year (to get fruits and veggies, bread and cheese, etc)?
      thanks!

2 Answers Oct 7, 2011 at 5:47 PM
    • Capri jewelry store with cat cameo rings in the window

by cherryd Online Now Sep 23, 2011 at 9:33 AM

I was in Capri a few days ago and saw some cat cameo jewelry (rings, pendants, etc.) in the window of an elegant jewelry store a short distance from the funicular station at the top of the hill. The jewelry store was not yet open for business that morning and unfortunately, I did not note the name of the store. Does anyone out there know what the name of the store might be? An address, website or e-mail address would be great. Thanks.

1 Answer Sep 23, 2011 at 10:12 AM
    • sandgrounder's Profile Photo

Getting aound on Capri

by sandgrounder Online Now Aug 2, 2011 at 5:15 AM

Someone has suggested we get a taxi totake us on a tour of the island but I have read elsewhere that day travel passes migt be avialble for the bus. Any recommendations. We are keen especially to do the chairlift up Mount Solaro. Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 5, 2011 at 9:16 AM
    • Traveling in Capri with elderly parents

by vizajean Online Now Jul 25, 2011 at 9:20 AM

I will be traveling to Capri in September with an large group of family members and need advise for getting around the island with my parents who are both in their 80's and have some difficulty with extended walking. Any options for them to navigate the island, reach the hotel from the Piazzetta? We have a porter but there is still a 10 minute walk to the hotel?

3 Answers Jul 25, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    • Does this flight give me time to get to Capri?

by sweetandjuicy Online Now Jun 23, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Urgent question!

Have booked flight which is due to land at Naples at 4.30pm. Say 45 mins to collect bags etc and get out of airport and an hour to transfer to Naples port so should be at port at around 6pm ish.

Does that give me time to get to Capri that evening?

Also, do all ferries/hydrofoils dock at the same port in Capri? I have a hotel near the main Piazza.

Thanks, Natasha

5 Answers Jun 24, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    • Is there a stress free way to ge to Capri?

by salford66 Online Now Apr 17, 2011 at 11:43 PM

After last years European trip.....delayed flights, problems with hotel...I would love a real easy getaway. Was thinking about Capri but the thought of lugging the cases on a ferry with my mother......Any ideas?
      Also, would 5 nights be too long to stay there?
      Also, I don't really like heights....would I be okay here. I'm fine aslong as my balcony does not have a big drop.

7 Answers Apr 18, 2011 at 4:12 PM
    • Just how safe are scooters on Capri?

by butterman75 Online Now Mar 1, 2011 at 5:10 AM

My girlfriend and I will be staying in Capri for 3 nights. Ive read that you can rent scooters to tour around the island but you have to keep an eye out for crazy bus drivers tearing around mountainous corners. Just how safe/unsafe is it? We have rented ATVs on the Greek islands of Santorini and Naxos and had an absolute blast with them! That brings another questions, do they rent ATVs or just scooters?

4 Answers Mar 1, 2011 at 8:18 AM
    • Lots of Capri, Sorrento, Amalfi Coast questions!

by hazelandantony Online Now Jan 22, 2011 at 3:53 AM

I have a number of questions on visiting Sorrento, Capri and the Amalfi coast and it would be great if someone could answer any of them.

We (my husband and myself, both aged 30) have never visited before and wonder how long should we stay on Capri to do justice to it? It seems quite small, and I have no idea how long we should stay. Would we see everything in half a day, a day, 2 days, I just don’t know?

We were thinking of maybe spending 1 or 2 nights before moving on to Sorrento. Is that too long or not long enough?

Visiting the rest of the Amalfi Coast;

Is Sorrento the best place to be based in order to visit resorts along the Amalfi coast (ie, Positano, Ravello, Amalfi etc) or would we be able to see these 3 resorts in one day (returning to Sorrento at night) or would be better advised to stay in a hotel in one of these resorts?

Thanks

Hazel and Antony

1 Answer Jan 22, 2011 at 4:55 AM
    • Capri in March?

by calflo123 Online Now Dec 29, 2010 at 9:35 PM

I am going to be visiting Italy in March. Seeing as it is a bit cooler in March than during peak time, would it be worth it to go to Capri? Thanks for the help!! :)

3 Answers Jan 1, 2011 at 8:53 PM
    • lemon drops

by bea12 Online Now Oct 27, 2010 at 9:20 AM

i was recently in a lemoncello shop in anacapri that also sold lemon drops and i cannot remember the name of the shop. i would like to purchase more of these delicious lemon drops. can you recommend a store that sells these?

1 Answer Oct 27, 2010 at 10:08 AM
    • Cruiseone2003's Profile Photo

Should I come for a visit in late October?

by Cruiseone2003 Online Now Oct 12, 2010 at 6:56 AM

I'm arriving into Naples by cruise ship on 28Oct and want to visit Capri. My plan is to take the Ferry from Naples and back for our departure in the evening at 6p. Schedule wise it looks like it can be done but I have a few questions to ask.
      1. How crowded do you think Capri will be in Late October on a Thursday? Two things that I read that stuck in my mind were the lines to ride the busses on the island and the funicular, how bad are they? My idea of a good time is not standing in lines waiting. We are four able bodied mid 40's person's and don't mind walking. I also read that it's a good idea to book the return ferry as soon as we arrive since the afternoon ferry's fill up. Can't I book the return in Naples?

If Capri will be busy, any other suggestions that can be done on public transport from Naples? Already been to Pompei and Sorrento but would consider Sorrento again, just not sure what else to see and do there.

Thank you in advance.....David

9 Answers Oct 31, 2010 at 11:46 PM
    • Linen shopping

by lornayshaw Online Now Oct 5, 2010 at 5:12 AM

I was in Capri a few weeks ago and saw a fabulous white linen dress in a shop window but was unable to stop and buy as we had to get our boat back to Positano. I can't recall the name of the store but I'm fairly certain it was going up towards the steep incline, away from restaurant Aurora (with photos of stars on the wall). I thought the name was something like "everything linen"; (but can't find it on google); there were outlets on both sides of the street. Can anyone help me with finding the name of the store please? I'm desperate to get in touch with them to see if I can order the dress for a special occasion,

2 Answers Oct 5, 2010 at 11:43 PM
    • Chairlift

by NKSETHI Online Now Aug 3, 2010 at 2:16 AM

How long does the chairlift journey take one way?
      Thanks

2 Answers Aug 3, 2010 at 7:54 PM
    • Blue Grotto

by alicianieves Online Now Jul 7, 2010 at 11:13 AM

how long does it take to go from the marina to the Blue Grotto?

12 Answers May 31, 2012 at 12:02 PM
    • getting aroung the island and a good lunch spot

by edfisher Online Now Jul 2, 2010 at 11:24 AM

What is the best way to get aroung the island? Would renting a bike be a good idea or is it to hilly or mountanous? Or would walking be good? Also, has anyone rented their own boat to get from Positano to Capri? What is a good restaurant to have lunch at on the island? Thanks

13 Answers Jun 6, 2012 at 11:30 AM
    • nickaronov

by nickaronov Online Now Jun 24, 2010 at 6:48 AM

Is it really bad time to travel to Capri mid November, and why?

5 Answers Jun 26, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    • how long to spend there

by edfisher Online Now Jun 17, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Am staying in Positano at the Le Sirneuse, how do I get to Capri and what is the best to see there and how much time should I anticipate spending there?

5 Answers Jun 18, 2010 at 8:40 AM
    • sabrina_florida's Profile Photo

Budget Accommodation/Hostels

by sabrina_florida Online Now May 28, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Can anyone suggest a cheap hotel or hostel in Capri? I'm thinking not more than 25 euros per person.

Thanks! :)

3 Answers May 29, 2010 at 10:59 PM
    • lengleng's Profile Photo

Gozzo boat tour prices

by lengleng Online Now May 6, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Hi all,
      I got a couple of quote one is 150 euros and another one is 175 euros both for 3 hours tour.What do you all think? Any of you experience the gozzo?

• lengleng's Profile Photo

Rental of a Gozzo boat....

by lengleng Online Now May 3, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Hi all,
      The Gozzo boat sounds like a fun idea but does it cost an arm and both legs??! I'm nervous in Capri let me tell you !Thanks in advance.

5 Answers May 4, 2010 at 8:52 AM