Capri Travel Answers

change location
gofmana's Profile Photo

Capri in February

by gofmana Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I will be in Naples around the end of February just for couple of days. Should i go to Capri? I have heard that most places are closed during "dead" season.. Any advice would more than appreciated. Thanks!!!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Capri in February

by leics Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Yes, do go.

I've been in February (and in March) and it's so much nicer to walk around Capri without huge throngs of people. 'Most places' weren't closed when I visited, because the people of Capri need their shops and bars and cafes and churches year-round, but those things which are visitor-focused may be closed.

I'm not sure about other sites, but I certainly got access to the Villa Jovis. I'd suggest a walk to there and then a visit the Arco Naturale on your way back via the clifftop would be a lovely way to spend the day.

My Capri page has info about how to get to the Villa Jovis etc:

"Tiny, expensive, exclusive............." - Capri by leics

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Capri in February

by costallife22 Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Capri is a good place to visit and never miss the chance to visit.

• cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 5:06 AM

I also suggest to go, but check weather first and have plenty of time, it may happen like last weekend to have strong wiond and waves 4 meters high.
    there's was no trasfers from/to island, in case you risk to stay more on island (at your own expenses).

• cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Also Ischia, maybe sleeping there at least one night, quite few hotels have spa and february is very cheap to go. During the day there are beatiful walks around the island to do, I prefere this island than Capri, which is very beatiful.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines