Capri Travel Answers

change location

Lots of Capri, Sorrento, Amalfi Coast questions!

by hazelandantony Online Now Jan 22, 2011 at 3:53 AM

I have a number of questions on visiting Sorrento, Capri and the Amalfi coast and it would be great if someone could answer any of them.

We (my husband and myself, both aged 30) have never visited before and wonder how long should we stay on Capri to do justice to it? It seems quite small, and I have no idea how long we should stay. Would we see everything in half a day, a day, 2 days, I just don’t know?

We were thinking of maybe spending 1 or 2 nights before moving on to Sorrento. Is that too long or not long enough?

Visiting the rest of the Amalfi Coast;

Is Sorrento the best place to be based in order to visit resorts along the Amalfi coast (ie, Positano, Ravello, Amalfi etc) or would we be able to see these 3 resorts in one day (returning to Sorrento at night) or would be better advised to stay in a hotel in one of these resorts?

Thanks

Hazel and Antony

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Lots of Capri, Sorrento, Amalfi Coast questions!

by xymmot Online Now Jan 22, 2011 at 4:55 AM

Make Sorrento your base and you can take day trips to all the other destination. Sorrento is central to Amalfi coast and a boat ride away from Capri. You can take the Sita bus on a day pass down the coast. Sorrento by itself has all the romance restaurants and food you want, I just came back from all of those destination this past summer. I will try to put up a Sorrento and the Amalfi coast page later today

cheers tommy x

cheers Tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines