Be the First to Answer

• how do I get a visa for my boyfriend who is living in cape verde

Cape Verde Apr 7, 2014 at 2:33 AM

I want to marry a man from cape Verde and move to eu

3 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 3:25 AM
    • Obtaining a Visa for CV

Cape Verde Feb 25, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Hi,
      just booked a last minute getaway to Sal, only have a week before departure so no time to post passport off for visa in advance. Is it problematic or a lengthy process to obtain the visa on arrival? I have a British passport. Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 25, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • Day excursions from Sal

Cape Verde Feb 20, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Are there tourists boats from Sal to other islands? How much costs the diving lessons and the deep see fishing?

• taxis enquirey

Cape Verde Feb 11, 2014 at 6:07 AM

can i get a taxi from the airport to riu karamboa. were travelling with thomson but hate the coach transfers. and roughl how much??

2 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    • wireless modems in cape verde

Cape Verde Nov 20, 2013 at 4:25 AM

Can some please advise me it the local network in Cape Verde can supply a wireless modem for my laptop, as I will be staying in a location that doesn't have a normal Wi-Fi available. Thank you

• Local flower shop

Mindelo Nov 3, 2013 at 10:25 PM

What is the name and contact details of a local flower shop
      Regards
      Terry

• Budget accomodation jan-feb 14

Ilha de São Nicolau Oct 25, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Id like to know if i really need to book accomodation in advance.
      I am not such a fan of this , but if necesarry I will do so, instead of ending up in a posh resort

• Can I take my dog

Cape Verde Oct 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Hi I would like to come to Capo Verde Santa Maria for holiday and I would like to take my dog with me, do you think is possible? could it be dangerous?
      Thanks
      Barbara

2 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    • jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

Boa Vista

Cape Verde Feb 24, 2013 at 6:26 AM

What is the best way of seeing the island in April for a 70 year old couple who will be based at the Riu Touareg ? Would the off road vehicles be too uncomfortable ?

3 Answers Feb 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    • Boa Vista; Cape Verde

Cape Verde Jan 13, 2013 at 4:17 AM

We had thought about going to Boa Vista one of the Cape Verde Islands for a holiday in the Spring. However we have read on a couple of web sites there have been incidents of Knife Crime and and an big increase in theft including some from hotel rooms. This would appear to be due to a large number of unemployed who came to the island to help in the building of two new hotels and now have no work and nowhere to go. Has any one got any knowledge of Boa Vista and are the at least the hotel safe and not subject to a high theft crime from the hotel rooms. Any information or feedback would be most as we are sitting on the fence about booking a holiday here.

1 Answer Jan 18, 2013 at 4:28 AM
    • suico_loiro's Profile Photo

Red Bull available on Sal / in Santa Maria ?

Ilha do Sal Jan 5, 2013 at 7:46 AM

I wonder if i can buy cans of Red Bull in Santa Maria. If someone can give me an advise, thank you ! Best Regards

1 Answer Mar 26, 2013 at 4:57 AM
    • Winds in January/February

Concelho da Boa Vista Dec 26, 2012 at 11:27 AM

We have booked to go to the Rui Touareg Hotel in Boa Vista at end of January beginning of February. Is it extremely windy at that time of the year. The beach we understand is on the South coast of the island and we understand the wind direction is usually from the north. So is the beach at al protected from the Northerly winds.

• Tortuga Beach Resort , ponta preta beach in santa maria

Cape Verde Mar 13, 2012 at 5:41 AM

hi

planning to to to the above timeshare resort in end of june 2012. how is that resort, how far from shops and restaurants. is there public transport. how much would be an average meal (say with 1 beer) in restaurants ?. is there much to sight see.

thanks

sam

1 Answer Mar 13, 2012 at 9:52 AM
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Finding a hotel on Sal (or Boavista)

Cape Verde Feb 28, 2012 at 3:24 AM

I am considering a trip to Sal (or Boavista) this Easter. I found this incredible cheap flight tickets, but unfortunately no family member or friend can come. So I am considering a trip on my own.

I love going to the beach, and I have done quite a lot of travelling so I do not think there will be a problem being on my own. I really need some sun as well.

My question is about finding a hotel. Since this will be a spontaneous trip (and I already have been on another trip to the sun this January) I will need to find a nice, small hotel which not is a big resort. Partly to keep the cost down, partly because I am not that found of resorts. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel on Sal/Santa Maria? It should be close to beaches as well as restaurants. I would prefer to book a hotel in advance. Or is it possible/better to find a hotel after arriving? And is Sal/Santa Maria the best option for a single traveler; restaurants etc?

I am 40 years old, and my opinion of a budget hotel is *** with private bathroom, and I can accept the hotel not having a pool. It must be nice and clean, and local design of the interior will only make it more charming.

Thank you.

1 Answer Feb 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM
    • warrug's Profile Photo

Cape Verde for a family

Cape Verde Feb 21, 2012 at 4:00 AM

Hi, we have 2 kids under the age of 3 and looking for a hotel that has some character, a sort of small interesting hotel with a pool and it has to be next to the beach.
      We have never been to CV but if you can recommend a town and a great hotel that would be great.
      We like to shop too so we dont want to be totally secluded.

thanks.

4 Answers Feb 21, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    • saraton's Profile Photo

Where to go??

Cape Verde Oct 4, 2011 at 1:27 PM

We are thinking about travelling to Cape Verde in September 2012. We have not been before so would like to know which part would suit us best. Ideally we do not want to be too remote as we do like to visit places that we can walk around in the evening. Has anyone got any suggestions as to which area and which hotel you would recommend to us. We have seen mixed reviews online so would appreciate an honest opinion!
      Thanks very much for your help.

3 Answers Nov 10, 2011 at 3:17 AM
    • littlebush's Profile Photo

Sal or Boa Vista to Maio

Cape Verde Sep 30, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Hi

I'm looking at coming to Cape Verde and realy want to go to Maio, but from the UK, flights only fly to Sal or Boa Vista

Ive read its hard to get to Maio

What are my options to get to Maio from Sal or Boa Vista by boat, plane...or any other way!!!???

Thanks
      Dave

1 Answer Oct 1, 2011 at 6:35 AM
    • valwyorks's Profile Photo

How Windy is Cape Verde ?

Concelho da Boa Vista Sep 6, 2011 at 6:56 AM

I'm off to the Riu Touareg, Boa Vista, Cape Verde in December. I love to paddle/soak/cool off in the sea but am aware that it will be windy...I'm concerned it will be so windy that it will prevent me from going in to the sea as there's likely to be a red flag up for safety reasons. Has anyone visited the island in a December that can advise me what the conditions are likely to be ?

I'd also like some feedback on the new hotel if any one's been there recently, specifically on hotel/pool noise, pool over-crowding/space, good/bad points to be aware of etc.

Many thanks,

Valwyorks

2 Answers Jun 7, 2012 at 2:49 PM
    • travelling in CV - safety

Cape Verde Mar 4, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Hello all,

Late this year (maybe Sep-Oct) I am travelling with my girlfriend to CV. Our (provisory) plan is to fly from Amsterdam to Praia (Santigo) via Lisboa. From there take another plane to Mindelo (São Vicente) and from there visit both São Vicente and Santo Antão. We will then be flying back to Praia (Santiago) and taking the ferry to Fogo. In the end we will be travelling back to Amsterdam.

While in CV we want to take some sun, hike (Santo Antão and Fogo), snorkel/dive and try to do some surf. We will be sleeping wherever we find accommodation and I don’t think that we will book anything in advance. I am Portuguese (my GF also speaks Portuguese) so there will be no "communication breakdown" (I hope).

We have two weeks to do all this. From the lonely planet guide it seems to be possible but I would like to hear from you. My main question is: how safe is to do this? I have read (news in Italian and Portuguese - I have the links if you want) that (especially in 2010) some tourists were mugged, not only in big cities (like Praia) but also in desert beaches in Boavista, for example. What's your feeling about the safety in CV, then?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

André

5 Answers Mar 9, 2011 at 1:37 AM
    • September

Cape Verde Jan 27, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Hi, wonder if anyone can help, myself and my partner are planning to travel to cape verde, sal, in september, we are hoping to stay in the club hotel rui garopa and was wondering;
      1) what's the weather like this time of the year ? ( heard it's very windy)
      2) what's this resort like?
      3) if anyone has stayed at this resort, hows the food?

Look forward to your replies

Many thanks Andy

2 Answers Jul 21, 2011 at 6:32 AM
    • Bicycle

Ilha do Sal Jan 14, 2011 at 1:44 AM

I am going for a week in March (region Santa maria). I wonder if there is somewhere apportunity to rent a bicycle. Also if it is also practical, safe or 'not advised' for biking around

2 Answers Jan 14, 2011 at 9:10 AM
    • Holiday middle march 2011

Cape Verde Jan 9, 2011 at 6:33 AM

Hi,
      we, 3 person, will travelling to Praia (Isla Santiago), because it's near Fogo.We will stay 2 weeks, Our interest are nature, hike, history,cooking.Can anyone help me with information, how can I make a trip to isla Fogo ore other island ?
      Or we take the cheap fly with Tuifly to Boa Vista ore Sal.It's also easy to go to an other island (our stay is only 2 weeks)?
      How can I find a nice B & B, cooking-course / drum-course?
      We can speak only little english, is this problematic? It's better to go with a guide?

Thanks for help.

1 Answer Feb 26, 2011 at 3:47 PM
    • kvetinka888's Profile Photo

visa

Cape Verde Jan 8, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Does someone have experience how to get visa in Sal`s airport, please? How much does it cost these days for adult? I am from Slovakia, travel agency wants 80Euros for visa and I do not want to pay so much. Thanks a lot. :-)

4 Answers Jan 8, 2011 at 11:54 AM
    • information on sol

Cape Verde Aug 19, 2010 at 7:19 AM

Hi,
      I am looking for a holiday in Sol for next January, can anyone help me with which hotels are best and which are best avoided.
      Thanks for any help.

2 Answers Oct 13, 2010 at 6:24 AM
    • Weather in Cape Verde (August)

Cape Verde Aug 1, 2010 at 4:57 AM

Hi

I am travelling to Sal on August 17th 2010. I have been looking closely at the weather and am finding that it is cloudy quite often. I am a sun lover. Can anyone tell me whether I will be disappointed with the weather in Cape Verde?

Thanks to anyone who can respond.

2 Answers Mar 6, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    • Snorkelling???

Concelho da Boa Vista Jul 31, 2010 at 5:46 AM

Hi I am considering going to boa vista or one of the other islands at the end of September however my husband and I really like to snorkel and after reading some reviews it appears this is not possible in Cape Verde as the tides are quite strong is this true??
      thanks sue

• Please help me!

Cape Verde Mar 7, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Hi, I am from Ethiopia and i have a plan to go to Cape Verde by end of this month to meet my Fiancee who was born there but now lives in USA and we want to get married there in Cape Verde but here in Ethiopia there is NO DIPLOMATIC REPRESENTATION IS ESTABLISHED for Cape Verde,even there is no direct flight from here so what i have to do to get a Visa or what i have to have to go to Cape Verde ??? please replay me as soon as possible.

Thank you all in Advance

• Tourist visa to Cape Verde

Cape Verde Dec 8, 2009 at 2:23 AM

Hi,

since I'm trying to arrange our trip to Sal through internet (not trough Tourist agency), I would like to be sure if I can get tourist visa at arrival in Sal airport? I'm citizen of EU (Slovenia). Do I have to prepare anything in advance (e.g. send copy of passport to some office, etc.). I read that the price is 25€ - is it true? Does my doughter also need vise (she's 5)?

Thanks.

4 Answers Dec 23, 2009 at 1:42 AM
    • informayion on Praia

Praia Mar 23, 2009 at 4:03 PM

I am looking to send some mail to Praia but do not have a zipcode for this place. Is there one?

• indyblu's Profile Photo

info about cape verde & boa vista

Sal Rei Oct 18, 2008 at 9:35 AM

hey!
      just wondering about how to get to the different islands of cape verde? how far are they apart?
      also we are thinking of flying to boa vista, are there many places to stay in boa vista itself or is it cheaper/better to stay on another island?
      many thanks

2 Answers Oct 23, 2008 at 3:54 PM