change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Live music in Mindelo?

Cape Verde Jan 6, 2015 at 8:53 AM

Hi,
      We are going to Cape Verde in february or march and I´m wondering if it´s a good idea to go for the carnival in Mindelo? Has anyone here been there?
      We are not so interested in samba-dancers in the streets, but would love to hear the morna and other cap verdian music styles. Mindelo is said to be the musical centre of CV, but can we expect to find live music there anytime? Is it best during the carnival or is it better to avoid these days?
      Thanks for any response!
      eva

more
    • Live music in Mindelo?

Cape Verde Jan 6, 2015 at 8:53 AM

Hi,
      We are going to Cape Verde in february or march and I´m wondering if it´s a good idea to go for the carnival in Mindelo? Has anyone here been there?
      We are not so interested in samba-dancers in the streets, but would love to hear the morna and other cap verdian music styles. Mindelo is said to be the musical centre of CV, but can we expect to find live music there anytime? Is it best during the carnival or is it better to avoid these days?
      Thanks for any response!
      eva

1 Answer Jan 6, 2015 at 2:00 PM
    • Costs in Sal

Cape Verde Dec 20, 2014 at 1:20 AM

I am going to Santa Maria and staying at Oasis Salinas Sal next week with my Partner and have heard things like sun tan lotion/toiletries etc are expensive. Can anyone give me a rough idea of cost of these things and also cigarettes? Would it be best to bring them with me?
      Also, I have heard it is very windy, but is it warm and dry?
      Any comments on the all inclusive deal at the hotel?

3 Answers Dec 21, 2014 at 4:37 AM
    • Dancing in Praia

Praia Sep 23, 2014 at 4:50 PM

are there any clubs that play house music in Praia?

• Which Island, Hotel, Restaurants and Vehical Rental Company

Cape Verde Sep 16, 2014 at 10:20 AM

My wife and I, both in our early 60’s, are thinking of visiting Cape Verde for 7 nights in mid November of this year. We are looking to spend a few hours each day on the beach though also enjoy hiring an open top 4 wheel drive vehicle for touring and exploring the more remote parts daily. Any advice as to which island, beach front hotel, good restaurants and local vehicle rental company etc. would be much appreciated, no expense spared...!! Many thanks.

1 Answer Sep 18, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • eating and drinking

Cape Verde Aug 14, 2014 at 6:19 AM

not been to cape verde before thinking of going all inclusive so far , but what is the cost of eating out drinking

1 Answer Aug 14, 2014 at 8:01 AM
    • Weather October

Cape Verde Aug 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM

What's the weather like in October on the island of Sal? I have read it can be quite cold and windy. Is this correct? I don't know what to pack! Thank you

2 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 2:00 PM
    • Hotel Morabazza or new Melia Dunas Resort?

Cape Verde Jul 30, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Hi, we are thinking of travelling to Cape Verde next June and I was concerned about the rough sea. I had heard it was calmer around Santa Maria area, near the hotel Morabezza, but have noticed that the new Melia Dunas will be open and it states it is also close to Santa Maria. I wondered if anyone could advise on my dilemma as to which hotel to choose and what the sea should generally be like around them.
      Any info would be greatly appreciated as I have never travelled to Cape Verde before. I knew someone who went to Boa Vista, they said it was calmer around the Karramboa Hotel, but there wasn't a great lot to do as far as getting off resort .
      Thanks

• FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

budget accomodation on Sal?

Cape Verde Jul 10, 2014 at 6:51 AM

I will travel solo for 1 week in January 2015 to the island of Sal.
      Is there budget accommodation, like a dorm or a cheap single room on the island?

Thanks for answering my question,

2 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 4:01 AM
    • Is it worth taking clothing for adults

Cape Verde Jul 5, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Is it worth taking clothing to give to adults?

1 Answer Jul 5, 2014 at 4:42 PM
    • Travelling with a 7 mth old

Cape Verde Jul 1, 2014 at 3:21 AM

Going with our 7 mth old what can she eat

2 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 5:41 AM
    • Tarrafal fish times at the beach

Santiago Jun 21, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Where and Which days and times the fisherman come back from sea and the women coming to buy the fish at the beach in Tarrafal?

• cape verde

Cape Verde May 5, 2014 at 11:41 AM

what is it like? Also can you buy African clothes there?

2 Answers May 9, 2014 at 2:30 PM
    • how do I get a visa for my boyfriend who is living in cape verde

Cape Verde Apr 7, 2014 at 2:33 AM

I want to marry a man from cape Verde and move to eu

3 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 3:25 AM
    • Obtaining a Visa for CV

Cape Verde Feb 25, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Hi,
      just booked a last minute getaway to Sal, only have a week before departure so no time to post passport off for visa in advance. Is it problematic or a lengthy process to obtain the visa on arrival? I have a British passport. Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 25, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • Day excursions from Sal

Cape Verde Feb 20, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Are there tourists boats from Sal to other islands? How much costs the diving lessons and the deep see fishing?

• taxis enquirey

Cape Verde Feb 11, 2014 at 6:07 AM

can i get a taxi from the airport to riu karamboa. were travelling with thomson but hate the coach transfers. and roughl how much??

2 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    • wireless modems in cape verde

Cape Verde Nov 20, 2013 at 4:25 AM

Can some please advise me it the local network in Cape Verde can supply a wireless modem for my laptop, as I will be staying in a location that doesn't have a normal Wi-Fi available. Thank you

• Local flower shop

Mindelo Nov 3, 2013 at 10:25 PM

What is the name and contact details of a local flower shop
      Regards
      Terry

1 Answer Apr 24, 2014 at 1:06 AM
    • Budget accomodation jan-feb 14

Ilha de São Nicolau Oct 25, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Id like to know if i really need to book accomodation in advance.
      I am not such a fan of this , but if necesarry I will do so, instead of ending up in a posh resort

• Can I take my dog

Cape Verde Oct 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Hi I would like to come to Capo Verde Santa Maria for holiday and I would like to take my dog with me, do you think is possible? could it be dangerous?
      Thanks
      Barbara

2 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    • jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

Boa Vista

Cape Verde Feb 24, 2013 at 6:26 AM

What is the best way of seeing the island in April for a 70 year old couple who will be based at the Riu Touareg ? Would the off road vehicles be too uncomfortable ?

3 Answers Feb 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    • Boa Vista; Cape Verde

Cape Verde Jan 13, 2013 at 4:17 AM

We had thought about going to Boa Vista one of the Cape Verde Islands for a holiday in the Spring. However we have read on a couple of web sites there have been incidents of Knife Crime and and an big increase in theft including some from hotel rooms. This would appear to be due to a large number of unemployed who came to the island to help in the building of two new hotels and now have no work and nowhere to go. Has any one got any knowledge of Boa Vista and are the at least the hotel safe and not subject to a high theft crime from the hotel rooms. Any information or feedback would be most as we are sitting on the fence about booking a holiday here.

1 Answer Jan 18, 2013 at 4:28 AM
    • suico_loiro's Profile Photo

Red Bull available on Sal / in Santa Maria ?

Ilha do Sal Jan 5, 2013 at 7:46 AM

I wonder if i can buy cans of Red Bull in Santa Maria. If someone can give me an advise, thank you ! Best Regards

1 Answer Mar 26, 2013 at 4:57 AM
    • Winds in January/February

Concelho da Boa Vista Dec 26, 2012 at 11:27 AM

We have booked to go to the Rui Touareg Hotel in Boa Vista at end of January beginning of February. Is it extremely windy at that time of the year. The beach we understand is on the South coast of the island and we understand the wind direction is usually from the north. So is the beach at al protected from the Northerly winds.

• Tortuga Beach Resort , ponta preta beach in santa maria

Cape Verde Mar 13, 2012 at 5:41 AM

hi

planning to to to the above timeshare resort in end of june 2012. how is that resort, how far from shops and restaurants. is there public transport. how much would be an average meal (say with 1 beer) in restaurants ?. is there much to sight see.

thanks

sam

1 Answer Mar 13, 2012 at 9:52 AM
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Finding a hotel on Sal (or Boavista)

Cape Verde Feb 28, 2012 at 3:24 AM

I am considering a trip to Sal (or Boavista) this Easter. I found this incredible cheap flight tickets, but unfortunately no family member or friend can come. So I am considering a trip on my own.

I love going to the beach, and I have done quite a lot of travelling so I do not think there will be a problem being on my own. I really need some sun as well.

My question is about finding a hotel. Since this will be a spontaneous trip (and I already have been on another trip to the sun this January) I will need to find a nice, small hotel which not is a big resort. Partly to keep the cost down, partly because I am not that found of resorts. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel on Sal/Santa Maria? It should be close to beaches as well as restaurants. I would prefer to book a hotel in advance. Or is it possible/better to find a hotel after arriving? And is Sal/Santa Maria the best option for a single traveler; restaurants etc?

I am 40 years old, and my opinion of a budget hotel is *** with private bathroom, and I can accept the hotel not having a pool. It must be nice and clean, and local design of the interior will only make it more charming.

Thank you.

1 Answer Feb 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM
    • warrug's Profile Photo

Cape Verde for a family

Cape Verde Feb 21, 2012 at 4:00 AM

Hi, we have 2 kids under the age of 3 and looking for a hotel that has some character, a sort of small interesting hotel with a pool and it has to be next to the beach.
      We have never been to CV but if you can recommend a town and a great hotel that would be great.
      We like to shop too so we dont want to be totally secluded.

thanks.

4 Answers Feb 21, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    • saraton's Profile Photo

Where to go??

Cape Verde Oct 4, 2011 at 1:27 PM

We are thinking about travelling to Cape Verde in September 2012. We have not been before so would like to know which part would suit us best. Ideally we do not want to be too remote as we do like to visit places that we can walk around in the evening. Has anyone got any suggestions as to which area and which hotel you would recommend to us. We have seen mixed reviews online so would appreciate an honest opinion!
      Thanks very much for your help.

3 Answers Nov 10, 2011 at 3:17 AM
    • littlebush's Profile Photo

Sal or Boa Vista to Maio

Cape Verde Sep 30, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Hi

I'm looking at coming to Cape Verde and realy want to go to Maio, but from the UK, flights only fly to Sal or Boa Vista

Ive read its hard to get to Maio

What are my options to get to Maio from Sal or Boa Vista by boat, plane...or any other way!!!???

Thanks
      Dave

1 Answer Oct 1, 2011 at 6:35 AM
    • valwyorks's Profile Photo

How Windy is Cape Verde ?

Concelho da Boa Vista Sep 6, 2011 at 6:56 AM

I'm off to the Riu Touareg, Boa Vista, Cape Verde in December. I love to paddle/soak/cool off in the sea but am aware that it will be windy...I'm concerned it will be so windy that it will prevent me from going in to the sea as there's likely to be a red flag up for safety reasons. Has anyone visited the island in a December that can advise me what the conditions are likely to be ?

I'd also like some feedback on the new hotel if any one's been there recently, specifically on hotel/pool noise, pool over-crowding/space, good/bad points to be aware of etc.

Many thanks,

Valwyorks

2 Answers Jun 7, 2012 at 2:49 PM