change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Best rail station

Gold Coast Mar 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM

A friend is staying at Fingal Heads south of Tweed. They want to catch the train to the Brisbane airport.Which would would be the best train station for them to use.
      Thanks guys in advance

more
    • bus phone number

Hamilton Island Apr 18, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Hi

What is the phone number for us getting a bus from hamilton island airport to the marina

Regards

Michele

more
    • Living in Port Douglas

Port Douglas Apr 18, 2014 at 4:51 AM

Hi, there is a possibility myself and my family will be moving to Port Douglas. I will start by saying it looks stunningly beautiful there. My concern is the wildlife - crocodiles, snakes etc? May sound far fetched - sorry, but where I will be coming from we have no crocodiles, tree snakes etc. Can I expect to see a lot of crocodiles, snakes, frogs etc? and will I see any or many in my house / yard?

more
    • Driving/staying on Fraser Island

Fraser Island Mar 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM

My husband, 3 children and I will be travelling to Queensland in November and would like to go to Fraser Island. We will have a rental car and will be staying on the Sunshine Coast (possibly in Noosa). Can we take our rental car to the island or are we better to walk on the ferry or take an organized tour? Not sure if we should go just for the day or stay overnight? Appreciative of any advice! Thanks!

more
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Daintree Rainforest Visit with a 1 year old

State of Queensland Apr 2, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Hi VTers!

I have been doing a lot of reading on the Daintree Rainforest. Little did I know that there are so many different areas to explore! It seems like these all offers different things to see in the rainforest, but my main concern is that we will have a 1 year old with us. I am trying to determine if there is an area that will be easier for us to visit with him. We will most likely have to carry him. As much as we would like to do a hike through the rainforest, I don't think that will be possible, but we would definitely like to see as much of the environment as we can.

Cape Tribulation has caught our eye, but the Daintree Discovery Centre and Mossman Gorge Center also sound like they provide good options for traveling with a young child.

We will have a rental car 4WD. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much, Kimberly

more
    • About Toll Charges in Queensland

State of Queensland Apr 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Is anyone able to advice me on the toll charges in Queensland?
      Will be renting vehicle from Brisbane Airport > Gold Coast (Day 1)
      And from Gold Coast > Sunshine Coast (Day 7)
      Sunshine Coast > Brisbane Airport (Day 10)

As I am comparing 2 car rental pricing.
      AUD837 (Toll charges to be charge direct to my credit card) vs AUD1,037 (inclusive Toll Charges)
      Which deal is a better offer with all other criteria the same.

more
    • Sunshine Coast

State of Queensland Mar 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Dear friends,
      Seriously need some help on Sunshine Coast total 4 adults (1 elderly age 68) & 2 childrens (age 6 & 4).
      Will be checking out from Gold coast (Tue) to Sunshine coast (2hrs journey) and tentatively staying in Caloundra area.
      Few destination in mind, but at a lost on how to plan the route. 3.5 full days in Sunshine coast.
      1) Australia Zoo (1/2 day enough?)
      2) Glass house mountain (1/2 day enough?)
      3) Fraser Island day tour (Which tour agency is recommended? But seems like alot of time will be spend on travelling as Caloundra is quite far out from Fraser Island). So might not go ahead with Fraser Island.
      4) Ginger Factory (1/2 day enough?)
      5) Blackall range
      6) King's Beach (1/2 day enough?)
      7) Eumundi Market (Wednesday AM), where to proceed next from Eumundi market?
      8) Any wineyard to recommend and is it harvesting season in early May?
      9) Noosa (What is recommended there?)
      Will be checking out on saturday early morning to catch a flight in Brisbane back to my home town.
      Therefore, would appreciate all your kind assistant on helping me to plan these few days itinernary so that I don't have to travel up and down aimlessly.
      p/s : I have already rent a car thoughout my journey from 10 days journey.
      Thank you all in advance :)

more