Cape Town Travel Answers

change location
leon.partsi's Profile Photo

Airport to Hostel Transfer question

by leon.partsi Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Hello,

I'm doing an overland trip starting in Cape Town and ending in Nairobi with Oasis Overland in 2 months time, and they are now asking me if I require airport transfer and first night's accommodation.

The cost for the transfer is 18 pounds, the cost of the night in a 4-bed dorm at their recommended hostel (The BackPack) is 19 pounds.

I'm seeing on google maps that the hostel is 20km away from the airport, and that booking the hostel myself is the same as their rate.

My question is, is their airport transfer good value? I would have thought it would be a bit lower to go just 20kms... But then again I've never been to Cape Town.

Can you please let me know what you think?

Thank you very much in advance,
Leon

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leon.partsi's Profile Photo

Re: Airport to Hostel Transfer question

by leon.partsi Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Hey Gerard, thanks for the quick reply - I arrive 8:30pm at night, so I'm probably going to go with option number 2, bus then walk 500m. I assume it's perfectly safe to walk through that neighborhood at night alone?

I'd exercise simple common sense when walking alone of course.

Thanks again for the help.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leon.partsi's Profile Photo

by leon.partsi Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Hi,

Last bus leaves at 10pm... Yes, I think I'll have to work it out at the airport. Worst comes to worst I'll pay 200 rand for a transfer.

Thanks Gerard!

• cleocat's Profile Photo

by cleocat Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Enjoy your stay in Cape Town Leon. Gerald always gives excellent advice so you are in good hands here.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines