Cape Town Travel Answers

change location
vpas's Profile Photo

Which area to stay in?

by vpas Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 4:45 AM

We will be in Cape Town for 5 nights. We are a family of four(couple and teenaged boys) We wish to see the city center, Southern suburbs andTable Mountains, Atlantic Sea Board, Blaauwberg Coast, Peninsula and if possible Helderberg. Which area should we keep as a base? We would be entering CT through the Garden route. Thank you for your time, Seetha

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 7:00 AM

eetha for your needs I would stick around near cbd. Gardens area is nice, but areas in Southern Suburbs also great, All near train stations. Newlands, Claremont- all great shopping & resturant areas, The Waterfront area has some wonderful hotels, a BIT pricey but near all the action, day and night.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • vpas's Profile Photo

Re: Which area to stay in?

by vpas Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I have managed to find a place Gerald, thank you. Not planning to have a car in Cape Town but will have on for the Garden route.
    almost all bookings made except in garden route which i do not want to do beforehand but decide then and there. I just have to finalise a car rental company.

am so sorry about your problem with extra charges and tax policies in India!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines