Cape May Travel Answers

change location
elland's Profile Photo

Washington DC to Cape may

by elland Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 9:06 AM

Hi from N.Ireland. I will be visiting DC with my wife and kids 15 and 11 in July 2009. After this we intend to visit Cape May for 5 -7 days to chill and enjoy the beaches. We will then finish in NY.
Which would be the most interesting route to Cape May. I can either go across via Chesapeake, South and up to Lewes or North and down to Wildwood etc. We would have about 3 days for the journey. Any hints on places of interest or cool places to go/stay would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Sevsa's Profile Photo

Re: Washington DC to Cape may

by Sevsa Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 9:25 AM

Definitely take the Cape May-Lewes Ferry between those two towns. It costs more than driving around the Delaware Bay but its a much more interesting ride. The last time I took it I saw a whale and you can often see dolphins during the passage.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • fossettes's Profile Photo

by fossettes Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Sevsa - you beat me to it! I would take the ferry as well. You'll probably see som sealife and the drive from DC to Lewes is MUCH easier than heading up through Wilmington and back down. Although, be warned, if you're heading out of DC on a friday afternoon, the traffic will be terrible heading to the shore. Avoid that if possible.

Have fun - Kelly Anne

• elland's Profile Photo

by elland Online Now Nov 30, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Thanks for the replies,

Thats made my mind up.......Will stop in Annapolis for a day or two then drive across to Lewes and the ferry.

Thanks

Dave

• fossettes's Profile Photo

by fossettes Online Now Nov 30, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Oh, I love Annapolis! Have a great time!

• elland's Profile Photo

by elland Online Now Nov 30, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Annapolis,
    We are going to visit the naval cademy as my two girls are in the Royal Navy Sea Cadets. We are also going to take a kayak tour. Should i consider any other Sights/Attractions and can you recommend any nice restaurants.

Dave

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines