Cape May Travel Answers

change location
Paris92's Profile Photo

Visiting Cape May

by Paris92 Online Now Oct 4, 2007 at 2:41 PM

Hi Everyone,

I know the calendar says that summer is over, but I need to see the beach one last time! I'm thinking a beach town is the way to go in case the weather turns. I've heard a lot about Cape May--can anyone tell me about it?

Thank you,
Courtney

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • ellielou's Profile Photo

Re: Visiting Cape May

by ellielou Online Now Oct 4, 2007 at 3:53 PM

I haven't been there in years, but it's a very cute Victorian-era seaside town. You could also take the ferry over to Lewes, Delaware, and hang out in Lewes or Cape Henlopen (an amazing place) or head to Rehoboth Beach, which is also great off-season.

Plus, it's downright summer-like here in the mid-Atlantic. High's today were close to 90F!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mmyerspa's Profile Photo

by mmyerspa Online Now Oct 4, 2007 at 5:58 PM

It's a charming town with wonderful victorian homes painted in seaside pastels. They call them "Painted Ladies". I haven't been there in years, but I believe there's a long walking path along the water. There's also the ferry that you can take from Cape May to Lewes, Delaware...another historic town.

• gilescorey's Profile Photo

by gilescorey Online Now Oct 7, 2007 at 1:27 PM

Cape May is a big family destination, with many summering there, every summer, for years and years. Too many kids, for me.

The main town has a walking district(typical tourist midway) and there are unbelievable uninterrupted swaths of Victorian architecture.

Dune protection is a big deal, so the beaches are rife with birds. You can walk from the town itself all the way to the lighthouse. There is also a boardwalk that runs through the wildlife preserve.

Dolphins are often close the the shoreline.

And, they will ticket you for going on the dunes, so be warned

• Paris92's Profile Photo

by Paris92 Online Now Oct 8, 2007 at 1:12 PM

Thanks so much for the responses--I really appreciate it!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines